IT Program Manager with German
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. The Merkle brand is the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000+ passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Are you ready to push the boundaries of digital change and join a growing team with an amazing work environment?
If so we are searching for our next Program Manager to join us to partner with our clients designated projects.
This role is for a natural born leader. You are an empathic and attentive listener, both towards the teams you lead as well as towards clients and their stakeholders. You are a strategist, always finding the right balance between delivering a high-quality service on time and on budget, while identifying new business opportunities through cross- and upselling. You are also a team player with the teams you lead as well as all the teams across the company and the client you have to engage with.
You’re resilient, able to cope with stress, focused on the objectives and persistent.
As an out-of-box thinker you’re able to craft and adapt the best solutions to a given project or a given context as the variables shift.
- Manage and overview sizeable projects or programs ensuring on time, on budget and quality deliveries, according to Client requirements
- Manage project teams ensure team members motivation, coordination and professional growth
- Manage project and program teams and clients across different geographies and time zones (including external suppliers and 3rd parties)
- Possess client-facing experience including middle / senior management
- Provide executive and operational reports on the project KPIs
- Project financial and operational management
- Driving the project delivery methodology
- Lead project engagements with clients and manage the technical, operational and business needs within these, while handling and resolving conflicts and aligning the expectations.
- Advisor of the client
- Identify business opportunities within the client, project or related services, channeling these internally across the company (farming – up-selling and cross-selling)
- Work closely with solutions and business development teams as well as other delivery centers
- Support on commercial proposals / pitches if required
- Coaching/Mentoring for other Merkle project leads
- Be involved in the Delivery Management team internal activities and initiatives whenever require
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Sales and business mindset
- Critical thinking skills
- Relevant graduation with a university degree or other higher educational background
- Team spirit – able to work in a regional and international team
- Role model in his/her acting and performance
- Relationship management – creation of relationships on all levels
- Deliver and lead large projects or medium sized programs or multiple small/medium projects
- Minimum 8 years of leadership experience You should have the business acumen attitude
- Familiar with our service offering
- You are a senior team leader and Project / Delivery / Program Manager, who is able to manage teams spread across different geographies and time zones
- Open for travel
- Self-starter, pioneer
- Soft skills: presentation skills, communicative, professional, positive attitude, pro-active and independent worker, with a can-do attitude
- Fluent English, written and spoken, any other language is a plus
- You are proficient with project management methodologies – Agile and traditional – and have the ability to coach others on those
- You should have experience with consultancy business
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.