Junior Digital Strategist
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking for a Service Designer who can help us define, design and deliver new services for our clients. The purpose of the role is to help uncover and define end to end service journeys, working closely with customers to understand and design the opportunities that present themselves. This requirement is to work across predominantly digital channels but could include offline touchpoints where required.
- A strategic thinker that can balance business need with customer requirements
- Understand the entire big picture assess the service from end to end through the full delivery model
- Communicate and be the bridge between both technical and non-technical teams.
- Collaborate across work streams and share knowledge to ensure that we don’t silo our delivery.
- Be comfortable presenting and influencing decision makers
- Drive evidence based design
- Lead and shape workstreams
- Define opportunities and lead prototyping activity
- A clear communicator and strong collaborator
- Comfortable with working applying the agile methodology
Responsibilities will include:
- Running workshops to solve problems and explore solutions
- Research and mapping the current and future state blueprints
- Building prototypes with the team to test ideas and solutions
- Understanding, interpretating and communicating user and business needs
- Ensuring that you are the voice of the customer and that customer needs are at the heart of design and development
- Designing user journeys and artefacts such as service blueprints
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience helping the user-centred design teams to work effectively together
- Service design techniques, for example blueprinting, future blueprinting, rapid ideation
- Someone who is comfortable collecting business requirements
- Someone who is comfortable with senior level stakeholder management
- Someone with knowledge of enterprise applications such as Salesforce CRM and AEM
- Someone who is comfortable designing process as well as experiences
What we are looking for in you
· 3+ years working within digital, including 2+ years working within an insight or data driven role
· 1+ years experience working on website or app based projects
· Be an excellent communicator and feel confident in a client-facing role.
· An inquisitive and creative mind set, with the ability to empathise with the end user
· Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to produce insights that help our clients improve their Digital Experiences
· Proficient use of data platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Google Search Console
· Experience successfully applying insights as part of a ‘test and learn’ approach
· Confidence to use data insights to define, challenge and support customer & business requirements
· Understanding of core web design, with a background in creating, user flows, process flows & experience maps.
· Understanding of tools such as Adobe Experience Manager or a similar CMS would be nice, but not required.
· Preferably, you will have experience working in an agency environment, but this is not mandatory.
· Other responsibilities of the Senior DX Associate will include contributing to proposals and supporting sales literature, planning and attending client workshops, project requirements gathering, scope definition and creating clear and engaging project documentation.
· Above all else we are looking for someone who is outgoing and passionate, with a strong will to learn, we work in an ever changing industry where new best practices and technologies are released almost weekly.
What we have to offer
Working at Merkle means: developing smart creative solutions with talented colleagues.
Your professional development lies in our focus. For this, we offer internal and external training and exchange formats, as well as various development paths and career models. Through the exchange with over 1500 colleagues at 8 locations, you will be able to expand your network and knowledge continuously.
We will actively promote your work-life balance: home office, flexible working hours, sabbaticals… you name it. It’s not just work for us - regular agency events, table football, lab days, and much more offer plenty of fun (of course only if the Corona-Situation allows it)!
The prime locations of our offices offer further opportunities for recreation and excellent transport connections.
Sounds good? Then send us your complete application (including your portfolio) using our online application form. We are looking forward to meeting you!
*Applications without portfolio will not be considered
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.