Junior QA Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Are you looking to develop your Quality Assurance (QA) skills in a data management environment? Would you like to be part of a multicultural team and company? Do you think outside the box?
Come and join our team!
As part of the daily work you will:
- participate in translating High Level requirements into comprehensive test plans and test case design;
- implement, execute and maintain the proposed test case scenarios, which also covers test automation scripts;
- be involved in all phases of the development cycle (from analysis to delivery);
- be accountable for delivering a valuable increment to the business in every project;
- contribute to continuously improving your team’s way of working;
- provide component support to client needs.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international technology consultancy, where you will gain an excellent understanding of the software development cycle using Agile methodologies, and will be exposed to the newest development technologies. Be part of our professional, collaborative, fun, and friendly work environment, where everyone can make a difference.
What we are looking for in you
- technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software design, engineering computer science, engineering telecommunications);
- 1+ years’ experience in the Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering domain at a software or data driven company;
- 1+ years’ experience understanding of QA methodologies and role of QA in software development lifecycle;
- 1+ years’ experience in creating a test plan and detailed test cases to achieve an efficient test coverage of the feature;
- understanding the basic concepts of Databases for example ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processing;
- SQL intermediate knowledge;
- coding knowledge required (e.g. Python, Node JS);
- excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level;
- ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems;
- ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs;
- good attention to detail.
It will be a plus if you have…
- experience working in big data or public cloud data environment;
- familiar with any test automation frameworks;
- you have worked with Bugs and Task management systems (e.g. JIRA);
- GitHub basic knowledge.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.