Merkle Northern Europe is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM). We deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices. We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
We have offices in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Sweden (Stockholm, Göteborg, Lidköping), Norway (Oslo) and Denmark (Copenhagen, Aarhus). We are more than 700 in our Northern Europe cluster and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion, and cooperation.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit that’s very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- An exciting workplace with high levels of dynamism and a strong culture of companionship and team spirit
- International opportunities for work, training and collaboration
- Flexible working conditions where you decide what best fits your needs
- A diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
- A monthly contribution to enjoy our great lunch.
- Friday drinks and social events throughout the year.
- 25 paid leave days + 5 additional days (3 company-paid well-being days a year to support your mental, physical- and emotional well-being + 2 mandatory days off during which the office is closed).
- Travel allowance, mobile phone and internet allowance, contribution to your subscription on ClassPass, unlimited access to courses through dentsu university, etc.
Until now, our development teams in Merkle Northern Europe have primarily been based in Denmark. Now we want to also build strong development teams in the Netherlands. So, if you are a skilled and ambitious developer, who want's to be part of that journey, keep reading - we need you!
Our development division are divided in 5 teams; frontend, backend, app, DevOps and commerce developers. In this position, you will be part of the commerce team, which are primarily based in Aarhus, Denmark, and you will be the first Magento Developer to join in the Netherlands.
- Work at various stages of the development cycle including estimation, conceptual and technical planning, implementation, deployment and maintenance
- Extending the core Magento functionality by custom development of modules for payment gateways, shipping services, ERPs, CRMs, PIMs, etc.
- Performance optimizations and technical audits
- Troubleshoot and debug complex functional issues
- Follow the best practices in software development to ensure high-quality source code
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of the internal development process, standards and training
- Code review of peer’s work
- Documentation of work to the required standard
- Close cooperation with the QA team in order to solve technical issues
It’s a must that you are a team player, take responsibility, and are passionate about working as a fully-fledged, integrated team that delivers superb service, quality, and solutions to our clients. Most of all, you will solve complex business requirements, which demands you to tread carefully and work both structured and innovatively.
Check out one of our incredible projects our developers are very proud of here.
Where will you work?
At our office you’ll find a group of professionals with different backgrounds and specializations. Pro’s that love to look further than their own niche and are keen to make the impossible possible. If you’d ask us we also think the parties, room for initiative and good vibes are what makes Merkle great. We don’t like shady stuff, but we do like a good atmosphere.
- 3+ years of overall experience in real-world e-commerce Magento programming and PHP web development
- Experience working with Magento 2 Commerce and Cloud is a plus
- Expert understanding of Magento's 2 code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Back-End Development (PHP, MySQL)
- Understanding of Web Analytics and SEO techniques.
- Knowledge of bug and feature tracking systems such as Jira, New relic, etc.
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Demonstrable knowledge of API Integration, and Payment Gateways
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Knowledge of technologies like CDN, Load balancing, hosting, web server configurations, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of PWA technology and mobile app development, as well as basic understanding of headless commerce concept
- Very good verbal and written English
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Tine Moe, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected]
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.