Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 250 colleagues here in Denmark and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people. Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
For the past nine years Mylmage has named us best digital agency.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit that’s very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- This great workplace in Aarhus
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- Friday bars, wine tastings, cool parties and events.
Our development division are divided in 5 teams; frontend, backend, app, DevOps and commerce developers. In this position, you will be part of the commerce team, which are primarily based in Aarhus.
In the commerce team our solutions are usually technically centered around Java, Spring framework, the Hybris Commerce platform (SAP CX Commerce Cloud), Scrum methods, Pair programming, TDD/BDD, and numerous other agile, progressive practices.
You will be the first Magento Developer to join in Aarhus, but you will have like-minded colleagues in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Work at various stages of the development cycle including estimation, conceptual and technical planning, implementation, deployment and maintenance
- Extending the core Magento functionality by custom development of modules for payment gateways, shipping services, ERPs, CRMs, PIMs, etc.
- Performance optimizations and technical audits
- Troubleshoot and debug complex functional issues
- Follow the best practices in software development to ensure high-quality source code
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of the internal development process, standards and training
- Code review of peer’s work
- Documentation of work to the required standard
- Close cooperation with the QA team in order to solve technical issues
- 3+ years of overall experience in real-world e-commerce Magento programming and PHP web development
- Experience working with Magento 2 Commerce and Cloud is a plus
- Expert understanding of Magento's 2 code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Back-End Development (PHP, MySQL)
- Understanding of Web Analytics and SEO techniques.
- Knowledge of bug and feature tracking systems such as Jira, New relic, etc.
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Demonstrable knowledge of API Integration, and Payment Gateways
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Knowledge of technologies like CDN, Load balancing, hosting, web server configurations, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of PWA technology and mobile app development, as well as basic understanding of headless commerce concept
- Very good verbal and written English
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Tine Moe, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected]
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.