Cairo – Paid Social Associate
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining dentsu, one of the largest global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
Our move to open an office in Lebanon is just the start of our global expansion. Having global clients requires local offices across North America, Europe and the Middle East!
We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are looking for people to join us as soon as possible.
- Be fluent in both spoken and written Arabic & English.
- Have a passion to work in digital marketing and a drive to specialise in Paid Social
- Have recently graduated or looking for a career change and be looking for an entry level role (we will offer full training).
Two years ago we opened our fantastic office in Dubai which was been so successful we’re now ready to open our second office in the Middle East in Beirut. We’re looking for exceptional individuals join our fast-growing Paid Social team as soon as possible. We're looking for people who are ambitious, data-driven and enthusiastic individuals looking to start their career in Paid Social digital marketing. You’ll work alongside our team in Dubai to jointly deliver best in class performance-driven campaigns.
Suitable applicants will have graduated within the last 2 years or looking for a career change with a passion for digital marketing, shown through either your degree subject, work experience or detailed cover letter.
Applicants must be available to start the role in either December 2020 or early 2021 (we are recruiting for multiple roles).
Paid Social marketing is not the same as organic social marketing. Paid Social is an amazing platform for advertisers to pinpoint and target specific audiences, whilst showcasing creative and engaging ads across a variety of ad formats. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat make up the core of our social advertising platforms here at Merkle, enabling us to reach diverse yet relevant audiences across every demographic for our huge range of clients. Receiving performance data in real time means we can analyse, report and optimise campaigns to drive the very best performance against our client KPI’s, feeding into real business goals and successes.
Life in this role:
- You'll become an expert in Paid Social!
- We have fantastic training and mentorship programmes in place to help you get up to speed with what we do, learn how everything works and may pass your Google/Facebook exam
- You will be working directly with a portfolio of clients in a wide range of sectors spanning both business-to-business and business-to-consumer
- You will be able to evaluate campaign requirements and goals and to formulate the best approach for achieving these
- You will design and implement campaigns from scratch and may also be required to assess existing campaigns and identify opportunities for improvement
- You will regularly evaluate performance, working to continually optimise performance on behalf of your clients
- You will report back to clients and make recommendations based on your analysis
- The role is client-facing so you’ll be attending regular client calls and meetings. As many people across the world are now working from home we aren’t attending meetings face-to-face, however once travel opens up again there will be opportunities to meet clients F2F
Thanks to the rapid growth and our commitment to hiring predominantly at junior levels, there are fantastic opportunities for career progression. These include mentoring and training, development of our technical capabilities and thought leadership, driving strategy across multiple accounts, and ultimately the potential to manage a team of specialists.
- You will have graduated within the last 2 years with a strong academic record and a passion for digital marketing (shown through either your degree, work experience or detailed cover letter)
- Strong written and spoken Arabic & English as you will be running campaigns, as well as communicating extensively via email and preparing reports for clients
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition are personality traits we love; you also must be a great team player, able to co-operate well and support your colleagues
- This is a fast-paced role and you must be enthusiastic and an organised self-starter and a team player
- Articulate and confident in dealing directly with clients
- Good knowledge of excel and basic numeracy, to be able to present information clearly and to reason your way through problems
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on Paid Search (PPC) so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
- Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in PPC.
- Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research.
- Phone Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the phone interview. This is a chance for you to talk to us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research.
- Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together a Paid Search (PPC) Campaign, based off a mock client brief.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable working atmosphere - and business-casual dress code (when in the office)
- Equipment such as a monitor will be delivered if working from home to make your at-home office set-up as comfortable as possible
- Regular company socials (when social distancing allows for this)
- Health Insurance provided
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.