Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Service Designer who can help us define, design and deliver new services for our clients. The purpose of the role is to help uncover and define end to end service journeys, working closely with customers to understand and design the opportunities that present themselves. This requirement is to work across predominantly digital channels but could include offline touchpoints where required.
We are looking for:
- A strategic thinker that can balance business need with customer requirements
- Understand the entire big picture assess the service from end to end through the full delivery model
- Communicate and be the bridge between both technical and non-technical teams.
- Collaborate across work streams and share knowledge to ensure that we don’t silo our delivery.
- Be comfortable presenting and influencing decision makers
- Drive evidence based design
- Lead and shape workstreams
- Define opportunities and lead prototyping activity
- A clear communicator and strong collaborator
- Comfortable with working applying the agile methodology
Responsibilities will include:
- Running workshops to solve problems and explore solutions
- Research and mapping the current and future state blueprints
- Building prototypes with the team to test ideas and solutions
- Understanding, interpretating and communicating user and business needs
- Ensuring that you are the voice of the customer and that customer needs are at the heart of design and development
- Designing user journeys and artefacts such as service blueprints
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience helping the user-centred design teams to work effectively together
- Service design techniques, for example blueprinting, future blueprinting, rapid ideation
- Someone who is comfortable collecting business requirements
- Someone who is comfortable with senior level stakeholder management
- Someone with knowledge of enterprise applications such as Salesforce CRM and AEM
- Someone who is comfortable designing process as well as experiences
What we are looking for in you
- 6+ years working within digital, a customer experience focused role, with at least 4+ years within digital.
- 3 years+ experience working on website or app based projects
- Be confident in lead service design projects, as well as educating around the value of service design internally
- Be a leader, and an excellent communicator, with confidence in a client-facing role
- An inquisitive and creative mind set, with the ability to empathise with the end user
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to produce insights that help our clients improve their Digital Experiences
- Knowledge and experience of data platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Google Search Console
- Experience successfully applying insights as part of a ‘test and learn’ approach
- Confidence in using data insights to define, challenge and support customer & business requirements
- Understanding of core web design, with a background in creating user flows, process flows & experience maps.
- Understanding of tools such as Adobe Experience Manager or a similar CMS
- Preferably, you will have experience working in an agency environment, but this is not mandatory
- Other responsibilities of the DX Manager will include contributing to proposals and supporting sales literature, planning and attending client workshops, project requirements gathering, scope definition and creating clear and engaging project documentation
- Above all else we are looking for someone with a strong will to learn, we work in an ever changing industry where new best practices and technologies are released almost weekly
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.