HTML5 Creative Digital Designer
Merkle is a customer experience transformation business partner to the Fortune 1000. The future of brand loyalty and competitive advantage is the customer experience, and we empower the world’s leading brands to transform their data, technology, and organisational capabilities to deliver those differentiated customer experiences across marketing, sales, commerce, and service. For more than 30 years, we have built upon our heritage in data, analytics, and technology, building unmatched skills in hyper-personalisation. Our combined strengths in CX consulting, data transformation, and digital transformation drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage for our clients to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 13,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2020 net revenue of $1.3 billion. Merkle is part of Dentsu International.
In support of Merkle’s ambitious growth plans in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are developing the region’s technology capability. We have a growing portfolio of projects to deliver including the integration of acquisitions into the Merkle’s infrastructure and business systems.
The Infrastructure Managed Services (IMS) capability enables all technologies required to support our client solution hosting and security requirements. IMS generates revenues in all of our markets.
We are looking for DCO / Technical Creative Designer to join our rapidly expanding, award-winning creative department. As a DCO Creative Designer, you will be a natural-born creative thinker, a good problem solver with a keen understanding of the technical solutions needed to execute and deliver cutting edge digital creatives.
You’ll be able to identify technical challenges and come up with ways to work around them – because you’ll believe that if there’s great creative to be made, there’s a way to do it. Your main responsibilities will be to support the DCO Lead with the formulation of dynamic creative solutions for clients, including the build, setup and management of dynamic creative feeds. You will also work across HTML5 display, rich media creatives and email design for a variety of clients.
You will take lead from the Creative Director, DCO Lead and Project Managers as well as working collaboratively with other designers, developers and copywriters on a number of different projects at once. As a result the successful candidate must be able to juggle their time and communicate effectively.
Life as a DCO Creative Designer at Merkle
- Support the DCO lead with DCO proposals and solutions for clients
- End to end DCO set up for clients: designing templates, feed creation, template build, binding, feed population, QA, launch and ongoing troubleshooting
- Work closely with the media solutions team to develop creatives using custom feeds
- Review media performance reports and develop optimisation/testing strategies for clients
- Manage DCO feeds, uploading and updating creatives
- Problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues when they arise
- Design, build and deliver HTML5 creatives across a variety of specs
- Advise clients on creative best practice
- Keep on top of developments in the industry and explore new solutions
- Ensure designs and finished developed materials are cross-device compliant and accessible
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the quality standards of the agency
- 2-4 years’ experience in HTML5, Dynamic Creative or Creative Design
- Strong working proficiency with Adobe XD and the Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience in Adobe After Effects / Premier Pro (or any other animation tool) is a plus
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Ability to create interactive HTML5 assets with GWD
- Knowledge of digital creative best practise and ad tech specs
- Experience in JS/CSS animations a plus
- Adserver industry knowledge and understanding of optimisation principles and techniques
- Experience with DCO tools including display banner template builds and feed set-ups
- Proficiency with the main Ad Serving platforms such as DoubleClick, Flashtalking, Sizmek, Celtra or any similar.
- Experience working on digital display campaigns across Display, Search & Social as well as a keen interest in the wider digital creative industry
- Understanding of the customer journey and media audience targeting
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.