Programmatic Account Manager
Merkle Media is market leading performance media agency specializing in data driven digital media planning and optimisation. With 20 year’s experience in digital media and a heritage as one of Google’s original UK channel partners, the business has evolved from a leading independent to supporting a client roster of recognisable national and global brands within the Dentsu marketing group
Our agency our mission is to ensure media delivers long-term growth, with focus on business outcomes vs individual programme/campaign/media metrics. As part of Merkle a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company providing expertise in Marketing Technology, Data/Analytics and CRM, Merkle Media is uniquely positioned at the intersection of media and technology to enable the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
The programmatic team is an integral part of the integrated performance and media team and works to execute strategies for clients. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with programmatic media buying or ad operations. The Programmatic Manager will report to the Head of Programmatic.
Life as a Programmatic Manager
- Drive agency strategy around programmatic buying through technology platforms
- Evaluate and recommend current and potential technology partners
- Champion and drive Merkle best practices
- Manage, train and share knowledge between immediate Programmatic team and cross-team synergy
- Maintaining a high level of campaign reporting to senior management
- Highlight departmental training requirements
- Setup, manage and optimise different types of programmatic inventory via multiple Demand Side Platforms
- Maintain relationships with programmatic vendors
- Manage costs incurred and revenue generated from buying platforms, including billing hygiene
- Manage and lead members of the programmatic buying team
- Produce and present engaging campaign analysis for clients, demonstrating the effectiveness of planning, testing, and media optimisation, and management
- Provide insight and guidance to members of the integrated media team
- Maintain and stay current with industry news and research
- Regularly offers advice or challenges briefs to improve the clients' results
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- It is anticipated the successful candidate will ideally have 2+ years of trading experience with DV360 or The Trade Desk.
- Management and training experience of traders
- Ability to multitask, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
- Strong understanding of media activity beyond programmatic on client accounts, including core media, search, and social
- Creative and contributes to brainstorming/strategy sessions
- Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: DV360, The Trade Desk, Xandr etc.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.