Senior Digital Media Planner (B2B)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Senior Media Planner will provide leadership to ensure clients’ needs and requirements are met. This individual will oversee campaign planning, optimization strategies, and campaign performance success for a set of top tier client relationships. The Senior Media Planner will provide consultative strategic direction to assigned accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs. Furthermore, this individual will work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis. The Senior Media Planner will attend client meetings and actively take part in presentations.
- Act as a key client contact, understanding client goals and optimizing success through research and analysis
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, creative trafficking instructions, and campaign measurements where necessary
- Present proposals with media and cost schedules to clients
- Manage all facets of campaign execution
- Take the lead on optimization strategies for digital placements
- Manage, review, and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and pull key data points for POVs
- Develop and present concise results decks highlighting the relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
- Promote positive working relationships within the department, the company, and the vendor community
- Identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3+ years in media
- Experience planning and executing both traditional and digital media campaigns
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented, very organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual who is a self-starter and has a desire to mentor and develop media planners on the team
- Experience with research resources, such as Kantar, MRI, comScore, and Nielsen as well as other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Campaign Manager (DCM), tagging, and pixel management is ideal
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.