Junior Brand Strategist
Merkle B2B is an award-winning, full-service, global B2B agency recognized for our capabilities across creative, strategy, and digital marketing. Our vision is to architect experiences that surprise and delight and our mission is to be an indispensable growth partner to the world’s leading B2B brands. With over 1,000 B2B specialists worldwide, Merkle B2B is powered by a culture steeped in creativity, innovation, collaboration, and mutual respect. We invite you to join our rapidly growing, global, creative team.
The Strategist will be a critical strategist on a select number of accounts usually with the support of a Strategy Director or VP or Strategy taking the lead for specific areas of the client’s business. In addition, they will provide support on some new business pitches. We’re looking for an independent thinker who is curious and passionate about people, brands, marketing, content, social and especially digital. You will be expected to work as part of a team tackling complex business problems always questioning and challenging what has been done for and inspiring new ideas. This is an opportunity for someone with ambition who wants to redefine what it means to be a strategist today and deliver B2B strategies that are unexpected and innovative.
Team and Reporting Structure
The Strategy Group is a team of eleven strategists led by two SVPs of Strategy. The role will report into one of the leads, Georgia Bradley or Philip Black. The strategy team is diverse with a depth of expertise across all aspects of strategy and there will be opportunities to work with different members of the team.
- Shape primary research such as focus groups, customer segmentation, panels, or social listening as well as conducting secondary research to uncover insights that will shape business changing strategies
- Leverage the full range of marketing research tools and methodologies to derive unique insights that lead to B2B strategies that go above and beyond the expected
- Create communication frameworks and/or brand architectures to clearly define approaches to tackle business problems and inspire innovative solutions
- Develop fully integrated B2B experiences working with the wider multi-disciplinary team playing a key role in managing such cross-functional projects from initiation to implementation
- Create content strategies that are led by research and insight and push B2B further than the standard content available taking the lead from strategy to implementation and evaluation
- Lead the development of creative briefs and briefing sessions and then nurture the ideas developed to ensure they deliver on brief and strategy
- Co-ordinate functional expertise from across the strategy and discipline teams and across the full Merkle B2B group as required to solve a client’s marketing challenge
- Participate in both client-facing and internal workshops taking a leading role in supporting the design and facilitation
- Identify opportunities for growth across clients that build greater partnership and lead to new business
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a strategy position, agency experience preferred
- Ideally past successes in business-to-business marketing. At a minimum a strong understanding of the nuances of business-to-business marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field preferred
- A demonstrated entrepreneurial streak and aptitude for motivating clients, internal teams or other strategists to approach solving marketing challenges in new and better ways
- Experience in developing integrated marketing strategies with experience across most of the following aspects – foundational brand strategy / brand architecture work; communications planning, content, social and digital
- Well versed in a wide range of marketing research tools and methodologies – from new ways of leveraging technology to conduct primary research, a deep working knowledge of 3rd party research, secondary research and social listening
- A comfort level working with a wide range of agency disciplines including media, social, content, UX, analytics and technology
The anticipated salary range for this position is $45,000-$69,500. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.