Director, Media Strategy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We are looking for a Director, Media Strategy, who is invested in their clients' business, understands their consumers and is aware of cultural trends that unlock new insights to guide communications and media planning:
- Create observations and insights that serve as foundational building blocks to a strategic communications framework, which will be built in collaboration with the communications planner and account lead.
- Be an experienced specialist to guide media recommendations that ladder back to client goals, while taking into account the industry & competitive landscape and audience insights.
- Work collaboratively across Merkle's organization (customer strategy, media, analytics, etc.) in the development of integrated brand and performance marketing plans.
- Work with the communications planner to create the "story" together.
Applicants interested in this role have expertise in multiple online and marketing channels and experience working on financial services accounts. You have a balance of creative and analytical skills, with experience in research (such as Kantar, MRI|Simmons and Netbase) and experience leading surveys and brainstorming sessions. We are looking for a curious, proactive individual with outstanding project management skills and organization. You will have a working knowledge of CRM, data strategy & activation, campaign management, and media platforms. This includes keeping a pulse on industry trends and best practices for audience targeting, creative, experience, implementation, and analytics.
The Director, Media Strategy will work on high-profile accounts within Merkle's Media organization, be asked to help to attract new business among existing and potential clients, and create content and POVs on different digital media topics and reports. You will learn all the strategy team's tools and understand how to maximize their use for generating applicable audience and media insights.
If you want to share your passion for digital and marketing expertise to accomplish results and design experiences for top-tier clients, reply to this posting with a resume that highlights relevant achievements in driving growth.
Based on our experience, here are the qualities you will need to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of media experience, with a record of professional achievement
- Background in digital media planning (brand and performance), communications planning, consulting, agency experience, and in-platform experience in Display, Paid Social, Paid Search or SEO
- Client-side experience, working within an eCommerce or Digital Marketing team
- Experience in Financial Services
- Experience working with 1st party client CRM data
- Manage/conduct surveys and running brainstorming/ideation sessions
- Experience with using data to make decisions and translate data analysis into relevant marketing / media recommendations and customer experiences
- Experience managing client relationships and working collaboratively across organizations
- Strong client-relationship skills to understand client needs, recognize situations requiring a resolution, and the ability to sell new client engagements + expand existing engagements
- Comfortable participating in business development activities, including sales pitches
- Experience with syndicated research and social listening tools, such as: Comscore, Netbase, MRI|Simmons, Kantar, Mintel, Pathmatics
- In this role, you will be curious, creative, and a team player
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $94,000-$146,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com