Network Firewall Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance, creative, and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 9,600 employees globally, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with over 50 locations worldwide.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position or work transfers.
- The estimated start date for this role will be 8/29/22 - 9/5/22
The Firewall Engineer, Infrastructure Managed Services role within Merkle is responsible for designing, building and operational support for the security infrastructure of datacenters and cloud solutions. This includes installing hardware, configuring firewall, setting up virtual private network, and upgrades. The Firewall Engineer must be able to assess the scope and impact of incidents and services requests and respond with an appropriate sense of urgency following all applicable policies and procedures, keep up to date on industry trends and deliver the highest level of customer service possible. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating, and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
The Firewall Engineer reports to the Director, Data Platforms. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees.
Tech Knowledge Required
- Juniper, Cisco, Troubleshooting, Core Networking, SSL VPN, Cloud Security
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Consistently drive technical incidents/service requests to resolution within SLA/OLA timeframe, escalating where appropriate.
- Contribution to the development and implementation of existing and new security solutions that exceed customer expectations on time and on budget.
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned security infrastructure
- Plan, coordinate and execute upgrades to security infrastructure and other change management activities
- Ensure that all security devices are aligned with IT standards and best practices
- Ensure that controls designed to ensure security and availability of the Merkle information technology environment are adhered to
- Identify areas in need of improvement and develop solutions to address those needs
- Proactively monitor security devices and applications to identify issues before they occur
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organization
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organization
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires 3+ years of experience with managing and securing Juniper and Cisco equipment including firewalls, switches, routers, and management tools.
- Juniper and Cisco network certifications highly desirable
- Strong expertise configuring and supporting IPsec tunnels in a multi-vendor environment
- Hands-on experience and knowledge implementing, configuring, integrating, and supporting network security devices to include: Juniper, F5 Load balancers, and Cisco routers and switches
- Hands-on experience building secure network infrastructure in either a private or public cloud environment
- Knowledge of Cloud security
- Strong working knowledge of JunOS , IOS, NX-OS, and IOS-XE
- Expertise in Dynamic Routing (OSPF and BGP)
- Knowledge of SSL VPN solutions
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities and train other team members.
- Proactive, upbeat, and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000-$110,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/