Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Netwrk.
We are looking for a software engineer with a specialization in Java/Spring/Spring Boot development to help us build and support our platforms and services. This engineer plays a critical role in all aspects of Merkle’s Promotion and Loyalty Services software platforms which help drive consumer engagement with some of the world’s biggest brands. They contribute to business requirements gathering, use case development, technical specification analysis, system design, and software architecture. They are responsible for writing code, testing, reviewing peer code, and providing support for large development projects.
- Problem solve through the careful application of technology and process
- Write high quality, tested, high-capacity and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable and reusable systems
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, run-time instructions, training materials and architecture documentation for Merkle P&LS systems
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Design data models and write efficient queries in MySQL
- Collaborate with the wider Merkle Promotions and Loyalty teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
· Significant experience developing scalable applications and services with Java/Spring/Spring Boot, web technologies, and SQL (MySQL)
· 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
· Enterprise class web application experience
· Competent with Version Control tools
· Experience and comfort working within a dynamic and agile-focused environment
· Experience in automated software testing, real-time system integration, database programming, web technologies, and cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
The anticipated salary range for this position is $59,475 and $91,900. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
As part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the biggest commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with flex paid time off, and paid family leave.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.