Inclusion Marketing Specialist
Your Job Map (the overall purpose of the job and how the job contributes to achieving department/company objectives)
This job contributes to A Major Retailer of Outdoor Goods & Services, success towards our commitment to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization by supporting Inclusion Marketing and cross-divisional business partners and vendors. This role will drive connectivity in work that relates to an inclusive experience for our current and future member. Responsibilities include triage support for both Marketing and Merchandising Operations to elevate risks related to Our Retail Brand and the customer experience, and the support of the x-div Design Inclusion Steering Committee (DISCo) for work that is in flight. An ideal candidate will bring DEI acumen and strong relationship-building skills and will model and act in accordance with Our Retail Brand's guiding values and mission.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements (the plans the job is responsible for creating and executing, and how the job ensures they are implemented)
- Develops x-div process and communication methods related to DEI risk assessment in REI customer experience.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements
- Drives development of program process documentation and efficiency
- Collaborates with cross-divisional stakeholders to drive alignment and accountability
- Manages coordination of DEI product triage, including process alignment for decision-making, identifying relevant internal and external stakeholders, and connecting the dots between existing issues
- Support negotiation with vendor agreements and invoicing
- Evaluate partnership opportunities and proposals for strategic relevance, business need, and to ensure they are in line with REI’s core values
- Accountable for tracking budgets of assigned projects
2-Way Communication (the contacts needed inside and/or outside the Company to accomplish the job)
Contact Title | Reason For Contact | Frequency
- Senior Program Manager, Inclusion Marketing | Receive direction, priorities, ongoing leadership, guidance, coaching and development. | Daily
- Manager, Inclusion Marketing | Receive additional direction, priorities and support. | Weekly
- Manager, Merchandising Operations | Receive additional direction, priorities and support. | Weekly
- Marketing Teams | Collaboration on alignment of messaging | Monthly
- Creative Teams | Collaboration on alignment of messaging | Monthly
- MDSE Product Teams | Partner with various MDSE Product Teams to support Merchandise Ops programs | As Needed
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion principles.
- Strong project management skills with successful execution through collaboration
- Advanced computer skills, to include Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer behavior and applying insights to daily work
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the changing landscape of the work
- Consolidates information from various sources to reach sound decisions
- Experience creating DEI-specific strategies, messaging, change and engagement approaches
- Stays abreast of local and global trends and conversations related to DEI where appropriate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Strong presentation skills including PowerPoint deck generation and delivery to various levels of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and work independently to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.