Senior JS Developer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Developing new user-facing features using React / Angular / Vue.js or using Vanilla JS
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimization of components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Design front-end architectures for component library integration with multiple platforms
- At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3, SCSS, SASS
- Experience with one of the JS libraries or frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
- Optimisations on a current component library (APIs, component Library, …)
- Implementation and development around motion, a11y, design tokens, theming and more
- Hands-on when needed on bug fixes, backlog, support tickets
- With a good sense of User Experience and Design as a whole
- With the ability to establish good communication flows between stakeholders, designers and developers in the team.
- Overall Frontend Architecture Evaluation and Scalability
- Thorough understanding of React / Angular/ Vue.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React / Angular/ Vue.js workflows (such as Redux / NgRx / Vuex)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern frontend build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common frontend development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to work in diverse teams
- Always with a mindset for benchmarking and optimisation
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (GIT based)
- Experience with Design Systems implementation most valued
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 083
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.