Our client’s Books UX team is looking for a UX Designer to create a best-in-class digital product to encourage book lovers all over the world to better achieve their reading goals. This team is part of the Books Design Studio, a team made up of designers, researchers, producers, and design technologists from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. Our client is passionate about reading and are continually raising the bar on the customer experience across devices, phone and tablet apps, discovery and purchase experiences, and tools for authors and publishers.
As a UX Designer owning a component of the Books Customer Experiences, you will collaborate with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketches to working prototypes. A successful candidate will be able to explore and translate complex interactions into simple, engaging solutions and be able to communicate those solutions verbally as well as through sketches, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi mocks, and functional prototypes. Candidates must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment without heavy supervision. This role is best suited for a system-thinking, detail-oriented designer and is not afraid of leading the charge with bold opinions and robust explorations.
- 3+ years of experience in delivering design solutions as a UX designer, or interaction designer
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience shipping user-centered design solutions that deliver results
- Proficiency designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, Sketch, Keynote, and InVision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field, or commensurate industry experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- A passion for literature.
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
- Experience designing for e-commerce and engagement.
- Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant, and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography.
- Tenacity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.