Social Marketing Specialist
A Global Sportswear Brand does more than outfit the world's best athletes – it’s a place to explore potential and obliterate boundaries. The company looks for people who can grow think, dream and create.
Behind our marketing and communication is a force of creative experts, digital strategists and brand stewards telling stories of elite and everyday athletes, product innovation and sport moments across a range of channels from our retail stores to our service-based apps. Social media is of particular importance to our marketing mix and often a primary lever to utilize when connecting with the hearts and minds of athletes* around the world.
As the paradigm of brands on social media becomes increasingly complex, our Brand's Social Media is responsible for building and deepening the comprehension of the space for the entire organization. This is done by partnering, sourcing and disseminating a variety of industry and platform-specific information to anyone participating or influencing the end-to-end spectrum of content creation and distribution. Additionally, our department is responsible for the planning, programming and publishing of all global-level channels. As such, marrying the above information with category objectives and audiences is integral to the development and output of efficient and effective briefs and brand behavior.
In this role, you will operate as a key player in the day-to-day management of your assigned category social channel(s), spanning the client’s seasonal, sport, athlete moments across Global, Geographies, and City inputs. You will work within the client’s Consumer Direct Marketing function and partner with their Brand Management and Brand Creative teams to create the best channel-right experience for their target audience. Specifically, you will be the main connection point between those internal teams and agency partners to ensure content is delivered on time for publishing and execution.
You will work closely with the the client’s Category Social Manager to ensure each campaign and 365 marketing opportunity is created with platform best practices and you will be the front line as content goes live on social each day.
You are a high performer and team player, a go-getter, curious and eager to innovate, and able to bring a level of detail and process to all projects. You are passionate about social platforms beyond your personal use and obsess the latest trends in mobile, social media and digital. You are comfortable working in multiple workstreams at a time that are fast-moving and nuanced.
Channel Strategy and Implementation
- Support the client’s Category Social Manager in executing the social strategy
- Enable seasonal leads to adopt and drive social plans against aligned-to strategy
- Partner with social manager, merchandising to ensure social commerce is wired seamlessly into category channel
- Support the client’s social manager in the development of clear social briefs
- Act as the client’s primary downstream lead for all asset organization and coordination ahead of publishing
- Work in real-time, unexpected sport, culture, and world moments with a level of flexibility, agility and strategic counsel for platform approach
- Contribute to a diverse, inclusive and respectful team environment
- Create seasonal and always-on programming of social in lockstep with client’s category priorities
- Input into content management tool (AirTable, Sprinklr) and manage asset hand off
- Manage client’s social publishing calendar and drive communication / visibility across seasonal and functional stakeholders
Identify, Test, Learn
- Partner with client’s Platform Strategy leads to stay abreast of platform developments, incorporate platform-right opportunities into social campaigns
- Become conversant and self-sufficient in leveraging client’s Consumer Direct Science’s tools across Claravine, Linkfluence, and Dataroma
- Proactively and swiftly incorporate channel insights and analytics into present and future social briefs as learnings are shared
- 2-3 years of experience on a social team/and or at a social agency (content development, project management or production)
- Proven experience in social platforms FB/IG, YT, TW, Snapchat, TikTok (not all but some)
- Multi-tasking and delegation capabilities, with ability to project manage and work on a variety of different projects with rapidly-changing priorities at one time.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization—technical, business, creative, and executive.
- Early adopter and problem solver for digital platforms (Comfortable trying new tools and adapting to process improvements)
- Has a can-do and open-minded attitude, where no task is too small. Same level of detail, care and zeal is incorporated into every project you take on.
- Experience working and managing teams within Sprinklr, AirTable, Asana (or other)
- High-level thinker with strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Must have received or be willing to receive a COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- Must be willing to work on-site in Beaverton, Oregon 3 days per week
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.