Merkle is a customer experience transformation business partner to the Fortune 1000. The future of brand loyalty and competitive advantage is the customer experience, and we empower the world’s leading brands to transform their data, technology, and organisational capabilities to deliver those differentiated customer experiences across marketing, sales, commerce, and service. For more than 30 years, we have built upon our heritage in data, analytics, and technology, building unmatched skills in hyper-personalisation. Our combined strengths in CX consulting, data transformation, and digital transformation drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage for our clients to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 13,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2020 net revenue of $1.3 billion. Merkle is part of Dentsu International.
In support of Merkle’s ambitious growth plans in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are developing the region’s technology capability. We have a growing portfolio of projects to deliver including the integration of acquisitions into the Merkle’s infrastructure and business systems.
The Infrastructure Managed Services (IMS) capability enables all technologies required to support our client solution hosting and security requirements. IMS generates revenues in all of our markets.
The PMO Director will have overall responsibility for leading a portfolio of projects that lead to the successful delivery of IMS solutions that enable Merkle’s business. She/he will apply industry standard portfolio management methodologies to direct the project management lifecycle, and apply common sense in various situations. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives. The PMO director will be implementing solutions in an enterprise managed hosting environment.
The PMO Director is an invaluable and extended member of the IMS leadership team. Much of the work can be done remotely in addition to being available in our London office in Triton as needed. Occasional travel in Europe may be required.
Life as the PMO Director at Merkle
The role will be challenging, rewarding and with a strong focus on delivery value, and learning & development. It will consist of managing all aspects of project implementation from inception to project closure. Some key elements of this will be to:
- Develop and maintain the Merkle EMEA portfolio of technology and business projects in alignment with the global Merkle and regional Dentsu PMOs.
- Lead a growing team of project managers
- Elicit and document technical and functional requirements and define project scope
- Develop and document project schedules, deliverables, and milestones through a detailed project plan
- Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects; leading risk mitigation planning and communication to project sponsors/stakeholders
- Design effective project structure that addresses specific solution/project requirements and is aligned with the IMS delivery methodology
- Effectively manage project scope from a functional, schedule and financial perspective using relevant change management processes
- Coordinate the work of multiple project team members to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Accurately forecast resources and time for the duration of a project
- Work as the main liaison between vendors, project sponsors, and the project team
- Actively participate in the development of project management processes and tools for consistent use within the IMS organisation
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Contribute to the development of Merkle’s technology vision and strategy
A critical part of the role will be to ensure the delivery of business outcomes. We expect the successful candidate to consistently manage, prioritise and deliver projects and associated tasks within agreed upon timeframes and within budget. The IMS team aims to provide high levels of customer service to the entire organisation. We want the PMO Director to experience positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys and rapid personal and career growth.
What we are looking for in you
- The suitable candidate with possess circa 5-7 years’ experience in project portfolio management for infrastructure and business systems project management role within a large Global corporate business
- Within this, we require experience of infrastructure projects (e.g. networks, server implementations) and experience integrating legacy platforms and systems following an integration or acquisition
- Experience of enhancing and optimising PMO processes and procedures and have the ability to apply industry standard project management methodologies (agile, waterfall) to drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to work with an internal matrixed global team to deliver against projects
- Achieve positive outcomes from challenging situations, working as part of a team to multitask to deliver against deadlines
- Strong communication skills required to communicate at all levels, managing expectations and possible conflict of views/interests
- Experience of tracking project level deliverables clearly and accurately for reporting purposes
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter