Test Automation Engineer (Remote)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle CXM is an agency of dentsu.
Merkle is seeking Test Automation Developers who have proven experience supporting development team to create, integrate, and maintain automated test suite for various test types, test environments, and project phases. Candidates must have experience working in structured environments following Agile methodologies. Leveraging technical skills, candidates will work in a collaborative environment to develop automated tests for functional testing, non-functional testing, and regression testing of digital solutions.
Test Automation Developer at Merkle must be technical problem solvers with strong technical and analytical skills. Candidates must be a quick learner and can apply new knowledge effectively in a fast-paced, client driven environment.
Test Automation Developers work closely with project, technology, QA and test automation teams. The candidates must have a deep understanding of test automation tools and techniques, development process, QA process, and release engineering process. They should be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, multidisciplinary teams, and individuals as well as our partners and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
• 1+ years of direct experience as a hands-on Test Automation Developer with software automation using Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, cloud-based test automation solution, and other continuous integration tools
• Highly proficient in Java programming, analysis, and design
• Experience with test automation and test data management of web and mobile web of enterprise-level applications, CMS-driven corporate sites, high-traffic consumer sites, B2B sites, commerce platforms, employee portals or marketing platforms
• Experience with functional verification, data verification, web service (JSON REST API) inspection, build release engineering, and log inspection
• Demonstrated understanding of software development, software test strategies, and software engineering best practices
• Experience with build release engineering a big plus
Delivery and Operation
• Create the automated Selenium WebDriver and API test scripts to verify business, functional, and non-functional requirements for various testing phases of the project per guidance of team leads
• Assist the team to integrate automated test scripts with continuous integration tools, set up automation test infrastructure, as well as schedule test automation for multiple releases
• Assist the team to update automated tests to reflect existing requirements, new requirements, and/or change requests
• Execute several types of tests, identify risks, and report issues under directions of the team
• Generate test automation reports and communicate automated test progress to the team
• Collaborate closely with team members to resolve technical problems
• Install, maintain, and update test tools and programs
• Document automated test data and analyze test results
• Assist the team to build, deploy, and release the application in test
• Participate in requirements discussions and project sprint planning for scoping and estimation
• Utilize and promote test automation best practices and solutions across functions
• Communicate outstanding issues, risks and possible roadblocks to teams
• Present written and oral communications in an organized and structured manner
• Clearly articulate the steps required to reproduce a defect with accompanying details (screenshots, test data, etc.)
• Thorough understanding of test automation process, development process, QA process, and build release engineering
• Thorough understanding several test types in software development life cycles, including but not limited to component, integration, system, functional, non-functional, performance, security, user acceptance, and regression testing
• Understanding of leading-edge technologies, including web applications, native mobile applications, cloud computing, and n-tier architectures
• Ability to work from requirements and design specifications to develop and execute automated test cases and test scripts across multiple data-intensive applications
• Knowledge of issue tracking, issue management, test status reporting, requirements gathering processes, tools and templates
• Ability to diagnose and analyze problems, define potential causes, and work with teams collaboratively to resolve issues
• Ability to learn new technologies and tools for test automation as well as advocate for process improvement to enhance quality of deliverables
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible time-off
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.