IC Senior_Full Stack_Java_Sr. Software Engineer_Atlanta, GA_United States
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part of Dentsu, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (Java)
This role (remote now) is responsible for architecting and building next-gen cloud-based internet applications and services. Be part of a team of engineers of all experience levels who build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating, deploying, and supporting production applications. Building intuitive experiences for enterprise users across the globe using the latest cloud computing capabilities such as serverless computing, hybrid and multi-cloud computing, API management, CI/CD, DevOps, etc.
These applications need to have services-driven architecture, to support auto-scale up and scale down capabilities, rapid and continuous updates to live applications, and modern responsive user experiences across devices.
Experience in the following tech stack will help you excel in this role:
Cloud Platform: Google Cloud GKE or any other Kubernetes engine
Services: Java Springboot (preferred) or Python Flask, Nameko, FastAPI
Front End: AngularJS, ReactJS, or similar frameworks
Databases: Cloud SQL or similar transactional databases
Role: Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (Java)
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Documents, reviews, and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable; Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases; Writes custom code or scripts to do destructive testing to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Program configuration/modification and setup activities on large projects using HD approved methodology
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels; Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems
- Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Assists in creating new and better ways for the team to be successful; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Bachelor’s in computer science (preferred), MCA (preferred), any other engineering
- Either Master of Science in Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related fields)
- Minimum 6+ years in software development:
- Extensive hands-on end to end full-stack development experience building web services using spring-boot framework + using angular to build responsive web experiences
- Experience in using Kubernetes
- Experience in building web architectures
- Cloud Platform: Google Cloud GKE or any other Kubernetes engine
- Services: Java Spring or Python Flask, Nameko, FastAPI
- Front End: ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar frameworks
- Databases: Cloud SQL or similar transactional databases
- High engagement skills, led by good communication & listening skills
- Experience working in Agile Scrum environments
- Mentor and collaborate with new engineers
- Curious minded and detail oriented
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.