Senior Account Director
Merkle is a customer experience transformation business partner to the Fortune 1000. The future of brand loyalty and competitive advantage is the customer experience, and we empower the world’s leading brands to transform their data, technology, and organizational capabilities to deliver those differentiated customer experiences across marketing, sales, commerce, and service. For more than 30 years, we have built upon our heritage in data, analytics, and technology, building unmatched skills in hyper-personalization. Our combined strengths in CX consulting, data transformation, and digital transformation drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage for our clients, including brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 13,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2020 net revenue of $1.3 billion.
The purpose of this role is to own the day-to-day client relationship and all elements of delivery. Including, implementation of the strategic vision for the client, delivery against the financial targets set and building a trusted relationship with the client.
- Delivers innovative and ambitious, strategic and commercial solutions that balance client and agency values working closely with colleagues and clients
- Builds strong client relationships as a trusted advisor with senior client and industry stakeholders
- Deepens the relationship to ensure retention and growth
- Influences full delivery team to ensure they also build strong relationships with their counterparts to deliver outstanding client service
- Leads certain projects, serving as single point of contact, responsible for project plan creation and end to end execution of the project life cycle, ensuring full integration of team and offerings, quality control, and communicating any risks or escalations
- Immerses self in clients’ business: understanding their challenges, objectives, external economic environment, markets they operate in, competitive threats and relevant partner agencies; knows their business model, how it is performing and what success looks like; knows client’s products inside out and applies this knowledge to deliver innovative, ambitious client plans and service
- Uses account plans to stimulate and track future work; manages resources effectively
- Understands client commercial framework and works with senior account leadership to ensure business is run profitably
- Improves client satisfaction to expand existing revenue streams and build new ones
- Owns and manages business operations, including forecasting and invoicing, contracting, operationalizing SLAs and KPIs, accurate time reporting, and other administrative tasks needed to support the account
- Translates agency strategy into innovative, executional business plans for own client that deliver business value
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-10 years’ experience in Client Services/Account Management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Ability to integrate and lead both internal teams (account, creative, tech, media) and client teams
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/pro forma
- Strong written and verbal skills, including presentation and client engagement
- Beneficial if experience in Financial Services and/or bank marketing, but not required
- Must be based in the eastern time zone to align to client
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Applicants from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $145,200-$210,100. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.