Head of Purchase to Pay (PtP)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We are looking for an experienced Purchase to Pay manager to manage the process, lead and build a successful team in-house and outsourced and drive continuous improvement initiatives from our central FinOps hub in Barcelona that services several legal entities in the UK and Spain.
The role’s responsibilities include implementing process controls to ensure the PtP deliverables are achieved on an accurate and timely basis, performing account reconciliations, monitoring the outsourced team and their activities and coordinating with the Procurement, Reporting, Controlling and Commercial teams.
Life as a Head of Purchase to Pay at Merkle
The Head of Purchase to Pay will be a member of the Financial Operations team and will take care of several key accounting activities such as:
- Provide technical support and advice to the team members. Monitor performance and KPIs.
- Assist in tax audits and tax returns, internal (JSOX), and external audit requests and preparations.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles and audit expectations.
- Work closely with the Controlling team to align processes and results.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable.
- Manage strict control on vendor master data.
- Actively embed process improvement initiatives: spot, investigate and help resolve account discrepancies, audit findings and issues of non-compliance.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Record to Report and the Controlling team, ensure month-end AP queries are resolved with minimum issue allowing the reporting team to produce their reports and outputs in a timely manner.
You will join a skilled and dynamic team dealing with new projects and evolving activities.
What we are looking for in you
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- Proven +5 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced level of English.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS.
- Familiar with preparing and reading the financial statements.
- Experience with Purchase to Pay process and the month-end / year-end close process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot tables and VLOOKUP) and accounting software (Navision is a plus).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Capacity of working autonomously.
- Experience in multinational companies and in dealing with outsourced service centers will be a bonus.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Reduced fee in Andjoy.
- 2 volunteering days per annum.
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.