SMB Senior Developer (Magento)
Merkle, a dentsu Company, is a global commerce services company. We combine business strategy, experience design and technology to help leading B2C and B2B organizations deliver exceptional commerce solutions worldwide. We are a diverse team with distinct interests, skillsets, and backgrounds collaborating across all facets of commerce. Together, we take pride in driving measurable and material value for our clients by leveraging our holistic commerce expertise within specific industry vertical markets.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
The Magento developer is responsible for implementing features described in design and functional specifications. Depending on the project, this may include the following responsibilities:
- Works with our analysts and architects to understand client goals & engineer solutions
- Participates in SCRUM ceremonies and meetings
- Maintains local development environment
- Writes and deploys performant back-end Magento code
- Writes and executes SQL scripts and queries as needed
- Documents work in Jira, Confluence, or other client systems
- Estimates development tasks during discovery, scoping, planning and development stages
- Communicates technical dependencies, blocks and risks to project stakeholders and management
- Collaborates with senior engineers and project leads on technical decisions
- Learns and adheres to company coding standards and conventions
- Follows project level design decisions and conventions
- Manages time effectively to meet deadlines and commitments
- Provides exploratory and budget estimates as well as feasibility assessments
- 4-6 years of experience building ecommerce solutions with Magento
- Magento developer certification
- Have Magento backend development experience.
- Experience developing web applications with Magento 2, PHP and MySQL
- Strong familiarity with git
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team-orientation
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Fast-learner and self-starter
The anticipated salary range for this position is $72,960 - $105,600. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.