Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
We’re looking for an experienced, motivated, and self-driven Operations Manager for our team at Merkle Analytics. You’ll be working closely with the Operations Director for the Analytics Practice, defining, co-creating, and supporting a world-class operational excellence function. You’ll identify, develop and implement new ways of working, as well as support existing processes to maximise efficiency across the practice area. In addition, you’ll get line management responsibility (one direct report) with scope to increase in the future.
Life as Operations Manager at Merkle Analytics
The team you’re joining has responsibilities spanning many vital areas of the business, including recruitment (local, offshore and nearshore), capacity planning, resource governance, management information, cultural and social activities and financial alignment working closely with our capability leads and our partner teams across finance, recruitment and HR. We’re still forming the new world, so lots of scope for new ideas and suggestions for ways of working/process improvements and massive advocate of ‘learn fast - fail fast’. How do we save time, save costs, increase output and increase client satisfaction?
· Resourcing governance lead, ensuring alignment with roles approved via the executive board, liaising with hiring managers and recruitment to progress to the next stage (candidate sourcing, offer stage, contract, etc.)
· Management of open roles with leads (pausing, reopening) and alignment with finance.
· India operations lead – ensuring we meet our India growth ambitions and candidates have a great experience when they join. Supporting onboarding, comms, engagement, and chairing regular feedback forums via area reps. Monthly data insight check-in.
· Leading project governance forums with leads - from the creation of sales opportunities to solutions, commercials, and how we resource managing risks/opportunities.
· Monitor performance against business KPIs/milestones, highlighting/challenging where necessary. Constantly iterating with the needs of the business/stakeholder feedback.
· Co-ordinate and manage projects for implementing new systems/processes, developing timelines and milestones, and providing delivery updates e.g. Adobe Workfront. Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
· Drive consistency across all teams – processes, tools, systems, ways of working with the right change, and comms plan backed up with regular feedback loops. We’ve had a lot of change so great opportunity if you’re brave enough!
· Chair ‘Ops Lab’ sessions for all teams to feedback on business challenges where operations can add value to enable client work to be the primary focus of delivery teams.
· Efficiency in how we operate and collaborate – shaping the most effective design (pre-meetings, Teams planner, action log etc.) using collaboration tools as much as possible.
· Implement an approach to how we measure resource effectiveness using time sheeting and invoicing data. Provide information to leads for effective decision making
· Mentoring - use experience and knowledge to develop a talented high performing team, especially junior members of the team.
· Regularly engaging with a direct report(s) to align expectations of work, feedback check-in and whether any support is needed incl. training.
· Ensure objectives and development planning is implemented, alongside salary reviews
· Conduct yearly manager reviews as well as goals/objectives setting review.
What we are looking for in you
· Drive to succeed, ability to try and experiment with new ways of working/processes, not afraid to fail
· Proactive, fun and energised – ability to connect with people, builds great relationships with all teams; navigates difficult conversations to mutual benefit, knowing when to challenge and when to go the extra mile to deliver, prioritising efforts
· Clear influencing skills and an ability to manage change effectively
· Basic understanding of operational processes, how they benefit the business, and the impact of centralising operations to maximise client delivery.
· Ability to streamline and implement new structures and processes that create speed, efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
· Ability to understand cultural nuances, respects differences, approach and skillset.
· Supports flexible working, open to all candidates looking for a change of career with new ideas or who have had a career break.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London and Manchester office locations
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.