Senior Director, Customer Strategy (HCP Focus)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
As Customer Strategy Senior Director, you will join a team of talented and experienced marketers who focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals.
In this role you will be a key member of our client account team and will ensure that the programs we execute are based on a deep understanding of our client’s business and strategic objectives. You’ll appreciate the importance of strong relationships and become a trusted advisor to the client and Merkle account team. You will be a person who thrives in both analytic as well as creative thinking and will be nimble in solving for client problems. As a leader your skills and passion for communicating strategy will get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle “Strategy” means a key idea that is informed, executable and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve the client objective. As a Director in the Customer Strategy team you will demonstrate experience in planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that generate measurable ROI and have the ability to work across many of our core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High Tech)
To be successful in this role you’ll have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
The Senior Director is primarily focused on Pharmaceutical, HCP, and NPP marketing communication. This role will operate within a large client environment, working across multiple brands, indications and business units, leading their approach to omni-channel marketing, HCP customer engagement, and driving Rx performance.
- Lead the building, development, and delivery of strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert and be able to translate new technology - particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM - into new marketing ideas for the client.
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different verticals and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, capabilities, and original thinking.
- Collaborate with team leadership (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.), and partner agencies to turn ideas into executable plans.
- Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on the client’s business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10-15 years’ experience in data driven marketing – specifically CRM, email, online/offline media and 3- 5+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
- 5+ years experience in Pharma Healthcare Professional (HCP) marketing and Non-Personal Promotion (NPP).
- Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to drive decisions –proficiency in Excel and research tools a plus.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint is a must.
- Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
- Superior multi-tasking, networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 20-50% travel required (contingent on comfort level of client)
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $144k - $179k. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary bonus compensation. The company’s bonus compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/