Quality Assurance Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is seeking a Quality Assurance Lead to support our leadership and team management within its Digital Experience practice. The Quality Assurance Lead serves clients, business, and Quality Assurance Analysts by facilitating service delivery and continually improving teams and individuals. The ideal candidate loves working with people and building systematic processes tailored to business needs. The Quality Assurance Lead is critical to the success of a healthy team by fostering creative solutions and ensuring support through knowledge and resources.
- Implement rigorous QA process and lead a QA and test automation team for various test activities of functional testing (requirement-based, business-process-based, and use-case) and non-functional testing (load, performance, stress, security, stability, backward-and-forward compatibility, data migration, data conversion, configuration, accessibility and usability)
- Create test plan, write test cases, and execute tests in multiple configurations, languages, and environments
- Track QA program interdependencies, milestones, and deliverables to ensure timely and successful implementation and deployment of digital properties
- Manage testing feedback and lead defect triage with client for issue prioritization
- Track resolution progress and work with multiple project and client teams to remediate issues
- Manage bug tracking process and present test reports to client on success metrics and quality trends
- Lead QA discussions and recommend best practices and approaches to fine-tune the system to better suit user needs and expectations
- Evangelize and implement the upstream quality assurance approach to review design artifacts and requirements in order to identify gaps and issues
- Estimate QA efforts and collaborate with multidiscipline leads to analyze variances and initiate corrective actions to develop cohesive and innovative QA solutions
- Present deliverables and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with client
- Recommend opportunities for automated testing to reduce manual efforts and lead test automation team to achieve goals
- Coach individuals and teams on quality practices via regular one-on-ones and team meetings
- Provide leadership, support, and ongoing guidance to teams to cultivate a culture of continuous learning, curiosity, craftsmanship, and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience testing web applications with responsive design and/or mobile applications of enterprise-level client
- Demonstrated understanding of manual testing, automated testing, and delivery methodologies such as Agile and Kanban
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership skills managing and growing Quality Assurance teams and guiding teams to achieve goals together
- Strong ability to coach analysts, testers, and developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- 5 years experience in technology discipline of a professional services consultancy or agency
- Demonstrated prior success as a Quality Assurance Analyst or Software Test Engineer
- Experience with Digital Experience Platforms and Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, Contentful, and Drupal
- Experience with back-end service testing and service monitoring using multiple methods such as web service inspection tools, browser inspection tools, and application server logs
- Experience managing test automation team with Selenium and/or Appium technology
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience defining successful test programs within an agency setting
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company-sponsored matching program
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology.
Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $63,440k - $91,900k. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/