Director of Operations, CXM EMEA
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
The role works in partnership with CXM EMEA President, the CXM EMEA Commercial CFO and Cluster CXM COOs to optimise the EMEA CXM strategy across operational channels ensuring consistency and efficiency across the EMEA region.
As the CXM Director of Operations, this person will ensure all activities relating to business transformation and operational excellence, working with Cluster and Market CXM COOs to meet our productivity, efficiency and margin goals. Additionally, this role includes aggregated reporting and analysis across the region to drive continued optimisation of the dentsu business transformation (ATP) and roll out of underlying operating model and regional metrics that define EMEA performance including GM%, SL Margin %, Cost to Serve, SCR, and Pyramid (spans and layers).
This role in an integral part of the management of CXM priorities responsible for tracking and consistency of operational levers across the region. Participation in the monthly business review of the market performance against budget and quarterly forecasts, tracking actions items and following up between reporting periods ensuring that issues are being mitigated and recovery plans are in place.
- Business support including growth and efficiency focusing, resources deployment optimization, right shoring, productivity and margin management
- Engage with market/clusters on SF accuracy & operational analysis to drive improvement, particularly in areas with poor accuracy in 2021 (Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Denmark)
- Improve interlock process with market/region
- Operational analysis and insight advising on key business decisions regarding operational efficiency highlighting options, trade-offs, risks and opportunities keeping the SL focused on its margin and productivity goals
- upport production of the KPIs and metrics which are being deployed for CXM in 2022
- Tracking of key clients by market/cluster, margin performance & risk profile
- Prioritize KPIs and tracks performance against internal targets, making timely interventions at appropriate times
- Margin performance and productivity tracking to facilitate margin optimization, monitoring and targeting productivity actions leading to margin sustainability and improvement
- Working with the CXM EMEA Commercial CFO to implement initial release of client profitability reporting and management to drive profit improvement on clients underperforming expectations:
- Work with markets/clusters to drive consistent resources time tracking standards
- Leads the initiative to embed client profitability within the SL as a means to understanding and improving both the SL Gross Margin and the SL Margin
- Support CxM delivery model optimization initiatives
- Quantify and help region understand benefits of the CXM cluster model – leverage output of Pilot in NE to quantify benefits and assess further roll out to other markets/SL’s
- Nearshore/offshore opportunity assessment to optimize margin and facilitate competitive pricing (complete assessment ensuring Tax compliance and partnering with the Tax team)
- Continue and / or finalize CXM Transformation initiatives (e.g. ATP) roll out
- Support the rollout of iGDN model by helping to drive consistent rate methodology and economic model for nearshore and offshore to encourage adoption of all viable locations in each market and optimize DI margins overall
- M&A due diligence engagement as-needed & integration planning and coordination for successful deals.
- Support Group initiatives such as simplification initiatives (e.g. brand rationalisation, etc.)
- Facilitate the adoption and use of global systems across the region (SFDC, Workday, Workfront)
- Tracking of cost-to-serve to increasing client utilization, pyramid, compensation management and use of cost-effective delivery locations
- Improving client satisfaction and retention through flawless delivery
- Reducing unmanaged attrition
- Drive brand integration, awareness and transformation change programmes using proactive communications, engagement, education and enablement of our people
- Implementation of Global Contract Compliance program delivering strong governance, compliance, resourcing, processes and tools. Harmonising and integrating all process and systems across market; this will ensure both Market Executive leadership and the Operations community is held accountable in delivering the necessary change initiatives.
This role will collaborate, and proactively work with the EMEA CXM CEOs and COOs to implement and drive excellence in every area of business operations outlined above. This role will support the dentsu EMEA CFO and CEO in ensuring the effective execution of our business strategy, and that we have the required plans, metrics and targets in place to achieve our expected results for the region
- Coordination with the CxM Global and Cluster Operations
- Coordination with dentsu EMEA Operations
Please Note: This role can be based in any of our EMEA locations
- Strong working knowledge of commercial finance to include levers for margin management
- Deep understanding of business models and trends.
- Proven ability to analyse numerical data and pull out reasonable and rational conclusions to underpin strategic plans.
- Broad and significant experience of commercial terms of contracts, including core legal definitions.
- Proven day-to-day experience in building and nurturing senior stakeholder relationships; navigating difficult conversations to mutual benefit, knowing when to challenge and when to go the extra mile to deliver, and prioritising efforts.
- Clear influencing skills and an ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong team leadership ability; providing mentorship, influencing internal leadership for mutual benefit, recruiting and retaining key talent.
- Ability to understand cultural nuances; respects differences in culture, approach and skillset
Dentsu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected basis because we believe the best and brightest come from all walks of life. We aspire to foster a community in which diversity is valued in both our employees and our ideas.