Senior Director Strategy, Transformation
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading non-profit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress, and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, our clients, the industry, and our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Senior Director, Transformation Strategy will join a team of talented and experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals through deep understanding of their market and customers, Merkle’s capabilities for online and offline marketing and our approach to people-based communications.
The Senior Director operates as a key member of our Consulting team helping to ensure that the recommendations we deliver are based on our deep understanding of our client’s business and strategic objectives. You must also show the ability to build strong relationships in order to become a trusted advisor to the client and Merkle account team. This role requires you to be analytical as well as creative in your thought process and have the ability to be nimble in your thinking about client problems. As a key leader inside of an account team you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle “Strategy” means a key idea that is informed, executable and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve the client objective. As a Senior Director within the Transformation Consulting practice, you are willing to work across multiple verticals and bring prior relevant experience in leading major business transformation initiatives within client organizations, including helping clients redefine or improve their future customer experience strategy across all channels, driving strategic marketing assessments and roadmaps, adapting client organizations, processes, and ways of working toward modern marketing practices.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong passion for problem solving, a passion for driving customer-centric culture and business transformation, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. Candidates must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
- Lead the planning and delivery of strategic consulting engagements that leverage core Merkle capabilities in technology, data, analytics, and other agency services.
- Bring relevant expertise and thought leadership to help grow our Experience Planning practice area, capabilities, and sales collateral, including education and training.
- Facilitate consulting deliverables and client workshops to support the following types of work products: maturity assessments, business case analysis, marketing use cases, marketing activation plans, recommendations and roadmaps.
- Consult and partner with our clients to support organizational, process, and operating model transformation.
- Mentor and lead junior strategy resources on consulting delivery engagements
- Facilitate and drive client meetings and discussions, defining project objectives and approach, managing day to day delivery efforts.
- Lead and support business development activities including identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client contacts and executives.
- Present to and influence C-suite / senior client stakeholders on our strategic recommendations and deliverables.
- Leverage latest marketing trends, technology solutions, and competitive insights to inform and shape our consulting recommendations and deliverables
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different verticals and environments.
- Show a strong understanding of how Merkle/Dentsu services and offerings can work together to address different business gaps and client needs
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, capabilities, and original thinking.
- Manage team members to deliver strategy projects correctly and on-time
- Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on the client’s business.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams and Dentsu partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations, deliver holistic solutions, and deepen our relationship and tenure with clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-15+ years of cross industry consulting experience in integrated marketing strategy, digital marketing, business case analysis, operating model design and execution, campaign design and measurement strategy
- 5+ years working in a top tier consulting firm and/or CRM agency
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional teams in dynamic, complex, project-driven environments
- Deep knowledge of end-to-end consulting approaches to solve client problems - from planning and design to development and execution of strategy
- Experience with assessing and recommending optimal team and process structures to facilitate integrated program execution (familiarity with the application of agile methodology to marketing a plus)
- Understanding of marketing technologies (AdTech/MarTech etc) to orchestrate and activate customer experiences
- Experience working with and influencing senior levels of the organization
- Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint required.
- Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients
- Superior multi-tasking, networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
- Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Self-starter, high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Thrives in ambiguous, fast-moving environments, and in informal, loosely structured, creative work environments
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude
- 20-50% travel required (when safe to travel). Role may be remote but located within the US
- Industry expertise in healthcare marketing and/or pharmaceutical marketing is a plus.
- Industry expertise in insurance and wealth management is a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $160k - $200k. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/