Head of Consulting
Merkle Northern Europe is the leading CX agency in the region encompassing Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands. The agency works in a true cross-border manner with a single P/L and borderless cooperation to service our clients with world-class customer experience strategy, design and technology.
We’re looking for a new leader to head our strategy consulting practice which advises our clients at the c-suite level on how to approach new technologies, transform their business model and create competitive advantage through differentiated customer experience.
The Head of Consulting leads the consulting practice, which is currently comprised of 25 seasoned consultants across the region. The consultants work with Merkle clients transform their business with data and digital, to devise new programs and strategies for experience and to help devise their future technology roadmap. As with the rest of the agency, the consulting practice is in a high-growth phase and is expected to add about 10 additional consultants for the rest of year. Another crucial task is thus to drive and secure team growth while retaining and developing the current talent base. The ideal candidate is a strong, strategic people-leader who knows about the intricacies of leading intellectually demanding consultants, and is able to drive high-performance across borders. The team is virtually structured so experience with remote leadership and hybrid working is a requirement.
The Head of Consulting will be part of the Executive Leadership group with the other practice leads, the commercial, growth, operations and strategic leaders of Merkle NE, and will take part in the overall leadership of the agency.
- Daily management of the consulting practice with direct management of a group of team leaders
- Delivering on high-profile client engagements
- Engaging with other practice leads to ensure high performance teams across capabilities
- Developing methodology and frameworks in cooperation with senior consultants from the team
- Coaching team members on specific client engagements
- Working with client leads to define client development and build strategic partnerships with select clients
- Assist in strategic newbiz and presales effort with the Growth Team
- Actively engage in thought leadership within the industry to increase the strategic profile of the agency
Role Focus Areas
- Grow consulting practice to become a significant part of most client engagements at Merkle NE
- Quality of deliverables within program strategy, technology consulting and transformation consulting
- Being a trusted advisor to key clients
- Develop consulting capability of the engagement to increase level of engagement and partnership
- Drive commercial focus for consulting engagements
- Staffing and recruitment
- Setting teams and defining tasks
- Quality & impact of the experiences we create: 50%
- Happiness and engagement of our people: 20%
- Revenue and client growth: 20%
- Operational efficiencies: 0%
- Most recognised brand within CX: 10%
What success looks like
The role will be measured on:
- Gross Margin
- Utilisation of consultants
- Influenced revenue
- Employee Engagement
- 8+ years experience of consultancy experience (either from an agency or a consultancy)
- 3-4 years management experience
- Significant experience with digital transformation, experience, commerce and data-driven strategies
- Deep knowledge of strategic methodology and tools such as Service Design, Balanced Score Card, Choice Cascade and similar
- Experience from digital and customer experience design and implementation projects
- Broad knowledge about digital, experience and marketing technologies and trends
- Strong strategic thinking and understanding of business models and processes
- Strong team leadership skills and advanced problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven, takes ownership and responsibility for work, is proactive not reactive
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding, please contact Anna Lynge Nielsen, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected] or phone: 28 94 90 73.