Junior Technical Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Come and join our team!
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative developer for marketing technologies, to start a career on Adobe Marketing Cloud (Adobe Journey Optimizer, Adobe Campaign) and other market leading technologies, on our growing team working across a diverse mix of clients.
The Junior Technical Consultant role is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultancy, with the focus on the Adobe Experience Cloud. As Junior Technical Consultant, you will learn how to implement these tools for some of the biggest companies in the world, under the ongoing coaching and mentoring of the Principal Technical Consultants and other colleagues in the team. You will soon be delivering high quality technical solutions to solve our clients’ problems. The successful candidate will be able to display technical skill and the ability to work with cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion. Great communication skills are vital as this role evolves to take on client facing responsibilities.
Life as a Junior Technical Consultant at Merkle
- You will from part of a team of around 15 highly skilled consultants - there is not much we don’t know about marketing technology implementation!
- The team is experienced in multiple software technologies, you will have the option to cross train and enhance your knowledge – you could expand your product portfolio with a range of other tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud / CDP / IS, Adobe Experience Platform, Braze, mParticle).
- You will learn how the best marketing technologies work, best practices on how to develop and customise them, and grow your marketing knowledge.
- Have the opportunities to become a certified expert in the different technologies you work with.
- Develop data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns.
- Work on the development tasks based on the technical solution design
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- This role currently follows a hybrid way of working where you will work based in the local office (Barcelona) and remotely from home.
What we are looking for in you
- Technical background, demonstrated with a degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Business Information Systems) or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience in any programming language (preferable JS and SQL).
- Understanding of databases and ETL concepts.
- Marketing concepts experience/knowledge would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment and learn quickly, and passion for problem solving.
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs, with attention to detail.
- Be prepared to travel or work on Client/Partner sites when required, including short business trips to other regions and abroad.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Annual wellness days.
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program.
- Merkle Benefits Club.
- Reduced fee in Andjoy.
- 2 volunteering days per annum.
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.