Java Software Engineer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised
customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Looking for the next step in your career as a software engineer?
If you're eager to participate in challenging projects using the latest technologies, you'd like to integrate into a multicultural team where your colleagues become your friends, you strive in an Agile environment where people, learning, and delivering business value are key for success, then we'd love to hear from you :)
We're located in sunny Barcelona, just a short walk away from the beach, and we're hiring several Java software engineers to integrate into our growing agile teams working for one of Europe's biggest telecommunications and media companies.
As part of the daily work you will:
- Design and code Java backend applications using a test-driven development approach.
- Focus on the quality of your codebase (refactoring, testing, clean code).
- Be involved in all phases of the development cycle (from Analysis to Delivery).
- Be accountable for delivering a valuable increment to the Business in every sprint.
- Participate in translating High-Level requirements into comprehensive technical design.
- Contribute to continuously improving your team’s way of working.
- Support consumers of your team’s components.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international technology consultancy, where you will gain an excellent understanding of the Software Development cycle using agile methodologies and will be exposed to the newest development technologies. Be part of our professional, collaborative, fun and friendly work environment, where everyone can make a difference.
You must have:
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science or engineering telecommunications)
- Working experience with Java/J2EE (2+ years)
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented design and programming
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills (teamwork is key)
- Good English
- Working permit in the EU
Nice to have:
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum methodology is a plus)
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Skilled in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL (Oracle is a plus)
- Spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Maven, GIT, Docker, Jenkins
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English Lessons
- Career development though Merkle University and Lynda
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Young, creative, and dynamic team
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, cookies
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.