Sitecore .net-IC Senior(SA2)-Digital Experience-Merkle US
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 3600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work�. The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means �source� or �origin.� Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company�s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
About The Work
The team is a highly skilled, cross-functional team who are passionate about their craft, pushing boundaries, following best practices and creating exceptional experiences. We are looking for someone who loves owning the work they deliver and takes responsibility forgetting the job done, but who knows when to ask for help and can work well with and take suggestions from other developers when required. You’ll be working closely with UX and UI designers, analysts, front-end developers and other Sitecore developers, as well as directly with clients, to help bring amazing ideas to life using an agile design and development approach and the latest Sitecore solutions and technology.
- Develop and support enterprise-level Sitecore solutions using industry best-practice coding and development techniques and the Microsoft Azure cloud with a PaaS architecture.
- Work closely with other developers to understand requirements and provide constructive development and coding suggestions when appropriate.
- Understand front-end tooling at a basic implementation level and know how to “move around” in a React front-end to be able to assist with basic front-end troubleshooting and coordinate with front-end developers.
- Independently and collaboratively estimate your own work in conjunction with cross-functional team members.
- Contribute positively and proactively to the development environment, including source control and continuous integration, as well as .NET and Sitecore discipline growth within the business.
- Implement high quality code that is in line with business requirements, coding standards and is readable and maintainable by the broader team.
- Assist in preparing clear and concise documentation when required Share knowledge and experience throughout the team and the greater agency
BE/B Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology/BSc IT (or higher)
Sitecore 8/9 certification(Desirable)
- Solid commercial web development experience with Sitecore XP, preferably Sitecore including 8.2 and 9.x
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions (green-fields) and experience performing Sitecore upgrades is highly valued
- Experience with JSS, layout service and React front-end is highly valued
- Strong fundamental .Net development skills, particularly with a focus on MVC and service-oriented architectures
- Experience developing for Azure cloud-based solutions
- Good understanding of correct use of source control and branching strategies
- Experience using Azure Devops (or similar) CI/CD pipelines and source control tools to create and manage automated build and deployment pipelines for Sitecore solutions is highly valued
- Experience with TDS or Unicorn (Unicorn preferred)
- Good understanding and experience with the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, web servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, cloud, etc.
- Good understanding of modern patterns & practices: unit testing, TDD, inversion of control, repository, MVC, etc
- Ability to see the big picture but still pay attention to the smallest detail
- Familiarity with front-end development tooling and approaches
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with overseas clients