Cloud & Integration Engineer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
The cloud & integration Engineer is focused on automating the deployment of cloud infrastructure and services to support application development and hosting, architecting, engineering, deploying, and operationally managing the underlying logical and physical cloud computing infrastructure.
- Define standards (and/or select cloud vendor products) for each infrastructure tower in coordination with traditional engineering and network teams
- For private cloud environment, configure and provision NGI physical stack – incl. rack-level design and other support activities needed from operations/facilities teams
- Continue improving cloud product reliability, availability, maintainability & cost/benefit– incl. developing fault-tolerant tools to ensure general robustness of the cloud infra
- Responsible for managing capacity across public and private cloud resource pools– incl. automating scale down/up of environments
- Support cloud developers in optimizing and automating cloud engineering activities – e.g., real time migration, provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Provide inputs to IT financial management for cloud – on costs associated with capacity build-out, forecast for cloud IT investments, etc.
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (e.g., cloud formation, ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with configuring, deploying and operating public cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Basic familiarity with network features – e.g., cloud network topology, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
- High availability engineering experience (region, availability zone, data replication clustering)
- Awareness in open-source tools & scripting language (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Shell, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycles
- Understanding of network architectures suitable for different cloud topologies
- Good knowledge of security implications of public & private cloud infra design
- Product development in a scaled agile environment
- Knowledge of consumption driven TCO on cloud – i.e. understanding of cloud provider pricing vs. internal costing for various config decisions
- Awareness of DevOps methodologies and ability/mindset to drive rapid prototyping and piloting of cloud solutions
- Familiarity with user expectations/OLAs for cloud services (to be able to design user centric engineering services – e.g., provisioning self-service workflow)
Why you should work with us?
- We are cooperating with an all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from to our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded branch of a company with a very strong and stable background.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients
With us, you will become part of:
- An international team, where you can gain new/relevant experience.
- A dynamic environment where you will never happen to fall into a routine work.
- Career path growth astounding – client grows, our team grow, you grow!
- Start-up agile atmosphere.
- Friendly international team of creative minds
And we offer even more!
🏥 Premium package private health insurance (for you, your spouse and children), insured sum of 100.000 EUR/year.
⏰ Flexible working hours and hybrid way of working (work from home and/or work from office)
👩⚕️100% paid sick leaves for a period not exceeding 30 calendar days
🎯 Fully covered certifications for technical roles in Salesforce, Adobe, Microsoft etc
🎓 Full access to Dentsu Academy, LinkedIn Learning, on-site learning sessions
🏝 25 days of vacation + 3 wellness days + 2 volunteer days
🍹 Team events: company parties, after hours gatherings, board games and team buildings
🥪 Snacks, fruits, and sweets in the office
🏀Fit Pass special offer for you and your partner/children
☀Rooftop lounge with an amazing view on whole Belgrade
🌇Office in the heart of Belgrade city centre
🏓Table tennis top, video games, karaoke set
💸 Referral bonus program
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 313
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.