Lead Front End Software Engineer
Merkle is a technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We are champions for meaningful progress and aim to be a force for good—for our people, clients, industry, and society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and clients, driving better outcomes. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Merkle is hiring a Lead Front End Software Engineer to contribute to the technical implementation and documentation of custom-built client-side apps, websites, and tools. Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, you will work with product-focused scrum teams to lead best practices, mentor, and deliver features to our teams and external customers. You will bring an increased difficulty to our front-end apps, ensuring that everything we put out is consistent, easy to use, and performant.
- Work with BAs, Designers, Engineers, and other project team members to help deliver high-quality design and strategic outcomes.
- Be a lead and escalation point for other developers on projects, including solutions, sprint planning, ticket delegation, code review, and guidance.
- Provide project-level estimates and maintain an awareness of the budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assess design direction/requirements for feasibility and possible implementation and performance issues.
- Maintain design integrity across different screens, devices, and CMS use cases.
- 5+ years of demonstrated professional front-end experience
- Develop maintainable and performant solutions
- Knowledge of website performance considerations and performance tooling
- Proficiency in accessibility, WCAG standards, and accessibility tooling
- Experience leading associate and mid-level developers on projects and collaborating with non-technical and technical partners
- Previous participation with headless architecture and the server-client rendering spectrum
- Component-driven web development experience
- Experience working within a design system
- Be able to identify and maximize opportunities for code reusability.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Storybook for React, Next.js, and Jamstack
- Headless CMS, specifically Sitecore JSS experience
- Knowledge of PostCSS
- Experience with React Context API and writing custom React hooks
- Jest and React Testing Library experience
The anticipated salary range for this position is $94,000 - 146,000. Salary is based on various factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and specific state or local laws. To request or discuss accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]