Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. With more than 9,600 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2019 net revenue of $1.1 billion.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Commerce Enterprise Architect is responsible for ensuring the overall enterprise technical architecture strategically supports the business goals and proposed solutions/services across all systems. Enterprise Architects work directly with top-level executives to review business plans, assess the company’s current use of IT systems, and define new approaches to improve our client’s capability, efficiency and reduce costs.
One of the main duties of a Commerce Enterprise Architect is to produce a comprehensive analysis of a client’s business systems and develop technical strategy and roadmap for how the overall ecosystem evolves to meet the needs of the business.
Further important responsibilities of an Enterprise Architect include:
· Client Solutioning
o Ensure that the solutions Merkle delivers are properly architected
- Develop the relationships that allow you to be the trusted technical advisor for our clients
- Define and present technical visions, strategies, and roadmaps to executive stakeholders
o Stay on top of technology trends and developments (out of self-driven passion)
- Determine the needs of diverse and complex customer groups by applying understanding and resolution of complex or unusual business problems.
- Develop, in collaboration with other technical and business leads, plans explaining how the proposed strategies can best be implemented
- Ability to effectively manage client’s expectations
· Sales Support
o Strategize with sales prospects and existing clients on innovative technology solutions to mission-critical business needs
o Drive and/or support business development including sales calls, preparing technical responses with estimated project scope, costs, duration, and resource requirements in written proposals
o Actively search for opportunities to expand our business within existing accounts
o Recommend best practices based on experience, research, frameworks, design patterns, and visionary thinking
· Technical Leadership
o Challenge and motivate technical leaders across Merkle to inspire them to deliver their best
o Participate in interviewing senior technical staff
o Help drive diversification of our team’s skills across different technologies, platforms, and business models
o Support the delivery managers and project managers in forecasting staff, budget, and other resource needs on projects
The Commerce Enterprise Architect role requires complex thinking and analysis to ascertain which systems should be enhanced and which services or products will support business improvement across every department. They should also be comfortable playing a leadership role working in close cooperation with our client’s executives to help them successfully evolve their business solutions.
Other skills and qualifications often required in the role include:
· Experience with eCommerce, marketplaces, cloud solutions, Continuous Integration, DevOps, middleware, mobile, and content management required
· Experience with enterprise eCommerce & Content platforms like Salesforce.com, Salesforce commerce cloud (Demandware), Commerce Tools, Magento, SAP Commerce Cloud, Adobe AEM and Sitecore
· Marketplace solution experience like Mirakl a plus
· Experience with marketing technology solutions like marketing automation, Data Management Platforms (DMP), conversion rate optimization (CRO)
· Experience architecting Microservices based architecture solutions
· Exposure to headless architectures like Single Page Applications (SPA) and Progressive Web Applications (PWA)
· Innovative technologies like AI/ML, last mile, OMS in retail/eCommerce a plus
· Strong background in web systems integration
· Proven leadership track record of high-visibility projects
· Ability to quickly apply new and evolving technologies
· Experience with multiple methodologies including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Rapid Prototyping, XP, etc.
- Oral communication (sales presentations, client meetings)
- Ability to explain technical procedures in an easy-to-understand way
- Critical thinking skills for identifying issues and making proposals to resolve them
· Written communication (proposals, architecture diagrams, overseeing system design, project artifacts)
· Ability to multi-task simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner
· Flexibility and respect for company culture and co-workers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.