PA and Admin Assistant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We are currently looking for a proactive, driven, and professional PA and Admin Assistant who is a confident team player and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The successful candidate will be supporting our Leadership Team as well as helping support the wider Merkle business.
This is an opportunity to support 1 or 2 executives within our UK leadership team, support the team of PA’s & EA’s where needed, and also pick up additional cross-business admin for the wider Merkle London business. You will form part of our amazing PA & EA team who are an incredible support, super reliable and love a good catch up and laugh together.
This is an exciting new role for someone who is keen to start their career as a Personal Assistant and wants to grow and learn about our industry. The position will be primarily office based.
Life as a PA and Admin Assistant at Merkle
- Working closely with our Leadership Team and the wider PA’s and EA’s Team.
- Extensive managing of calendars via Outlook
- Forward planning of meeting schedule - ensuring agenda and meeting content are delivered on time
- Organisation and administration of meetings & visitors – coordinating all logistics i.e. attendees, timings, refreshments, equipment, and room bookings
- Booking and coordinating travel plans; this will include flights, hotels, trains, taxis, car hire, visas etc.
- Managing expenses and timesheets
- Sitting in on exec meetings - taking notes and follow-up actions
- Arrange lunches and dinners, both internal and client facing
- Support with PowerPoint presentations and ad hoc projects
- Supporting and working with the EA team with general day to day duties and providing cover when needed
- Organising company drinks and sessional events
- Meeting room IT support/set ups
- Breakfast and lunch catering where needed
- Supporting HR with new joiner’s – arranging new joiner packs etc
- Working closely with IT
What we are looking for in you
- Strong Outlook 365 knowledge
- Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritising abilities to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to manage change and adapt quickly, we are looking for somebody flexible, keen to wear multiple hats – “no job is too small” kind of attitude
- Proactive and making sure you are always keeping one step ahead – this is key
- Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Highly organised and have a very strong attention to detail
- Confidence in building strong relationships with senior members of the team
- Enjoys working with a team and being on hand to help.
- 1-2 Years’ experience in a Reception or Team Administrator role
- Strong experience with PowerPoint and the wider Office 365
- Project management experience
- Ability to be assertive when needed
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle Analytics social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too!
- Career development through Merkle University and other training tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance, health insurance and other corporate benefits
- Buddy and mentorship programs
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity and Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers
To apply for this role, please click the apply now button where you will be redirected to our careers site to complete a few further details.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.