Content Management - Manager ( Ref - IDC - 2021)
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
As a key member of dentsu’s Global Sales Enablement team, you will be responsible for content creation in the form of both short and long-form writing, content editing and management of content support for the media Line of Business within dentsu. Top notch written and verbal communication skills are non-negotiable as the role involves interactions with global stakeholders on a regular basis. After applying, please keep your writing samples or your portfolio ready in case the HR team reach out to you.
Here are the key responsibilities that come with the role.
- Stakeholder management: Building relationships with stakeholders, receiving and understanding content project briefs, working with them collaboratively & sharing updates regularly with them to ensure successful execution of the projects.
- Project Management: Working collaboratively with internal (and external) teams to establish effective processes for delivery of content and performing timely content audits to ensure high quality and efficiency.
- Team Management: Leading a team of associates reporting to you and overseeing all projects related to the media line of business. Working collaboratively with other team managers and associates from other business units for integrated deliveries is also a key part of the role.
- Supervision: Ensuring the delivery of the media unit is of the highest quality by maintaining and tracking both internal as well as external QA scores. Tracking the media team members’ KPIs, sharing reviews about performance will be a regular responsibility.
- Critical Thinking: Look at all major content deliveries such as thought leadership, market reports & insights, etc., with a strategic and business lens. A sharp strategic mind is a must have.
- Networking: Nurturing relationships with existing and potential stakeholders to bring in more business for the Sales Enablement Team. Maintaining documents and updating them regularly on networking progress.
- Reporting: As a manager, reporting of how the team has been performing, what the areas of improvement could be, etc. will be a major responsibility. Assistance with reports for senior management of the Sales Enablement team will also be a key part of the role.
- Training: Working with a team of individuals from various content backgrounds could imply that many members will not have the know-how of how conventional and digital media work. Regular training sessions to keep the entire team abreast of updates and developments in media is required for all team members.
- Coordination with internal teams: Working collaboratively with the research, design and other teams within Sokrati on projects.
- Hiring: Taking active part in hiring of new resources for the Sales Enablement Content Management team.
- Content Planning: Maintaining a content calendar as per the demands of various stakeholders and planning in advance for timely execution of projects.
- Adept in marketing and business strategy supported by a critical thinking approach.
- Should be in sync with recent developments/updates in the media landscape to help upskill the rest of the team as well.
- Impeccable communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or related communications field. MBA/Diploma in Marketing will be preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in multichannel content creation.
- Prior exp working with Media agencies is mandatory.
- Must be experienced in content creation/editing and having a content marketing background would be an added advantage.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Microsoft Office specifically Powerpoint, Excel & Word, etc.).
A combination of marketing and publishing mindset, specific skills required include:
- Must be a team player and easy to work with. This role involves working with different teams and a lot of internal stakeholders within the dentsu group. Maintaining relationships and building a transparent communication structure in the team is of great importance.
- Proven editorial skills and good command over the English language.
- Skilled in content creation including long-form content.
- A well-updated person about content marketing is always good to have in the team.