UX Designer - Ad Experiences Team
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for creating meaningful and impactful experiences for our clients and their customers, satisfying business and brand objectives while delighting end users. You will work as part of cross-functional teams, frequently collaborating closely with creative, research, product and development team members from Filter and client organizations. You will work in a fast-paced, agile environment, delivering creative work that is on-brand, on-strategy, and flawlessly delivered. You will lead other designers through the design process, as well as be able to work independently taking a deliverable from start to finish.
The purpose of this role is to be creative task-based problem solvers who are passionate about creating experiences that engage the imagination whilst empowering users to bring the brand to life. This role could include elements of Product, UI and Visual design. Involved in projects from the beginning, UX Designers work closely with lead designers to help produce the experience vision from concept to finished product.
· Leading the user experience design process from start to finish, leading and partnering with other creatives, product and business team members, and client delivery teams.
· Drive partnerships with UX research teams to understand user needs, behaviors, and motivators that lead to engagement and realization of value for the user and client organization.
· Envision, craft, and delivering best-in-class user experiences across a range of customer touchpoints.
· Translate abstract concepts into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, prototypes, and detailed design executions for the desktop, tablet, mobile, and all other digital devices used by customers to engage with client brands.
· Create holistic and coherent cross-application user experiences and journeys.
· Create design solutions, prototypes, and associated deliverables to communicate these designs to development and other delivery teams.
· Take full ownership of your work, and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way. You are a tireless advocate for the user and creation of user value through experience design.
· Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design, Human Centered Design, Psychology, or equivalent.
· 5+ years professional experience in Experience Design role, ideally in a large business or enterprise environment.
· A portfolio of past work including concepts, ideation, flows, and completed designs, and final deliverables that demonstrate clear design thinking and craftsmanship.
· Deep understanding and demonstration of design thinking skills and techniques, and ability to create the types of experiences made possible by current digital technologies.
· Strong creative leadership skills with demonstrated ability to influence teams and peers, make decisions in complex environments, and drive continual improvement individually and in teams.
· Experience working with mid-market and enterprise digital product and service organizations, ideally including in a professional services or consulting capacity.
· Demonstrated ability to contribute to maturation of the practice of experience design in organizations.
· Intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and a collaboration-driven interaction style.
· Strong ability to build relationships, foster trust, and develop shared understanding.
· Passion and enthusiasm for your craft and aspiration to excellence.
· Grace under pressure. Comfort in ambiguity. Humor in the face of adversity.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.