We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking to hire a Solution Architect.
He/she will own the architectural decisions for the team, whereby he/she is the executor and the visionary force behind the technical solution. The Solution Architect values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve an Agile design. The Solution Architect works closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs. Further, the he/she will drive the team’s engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. The Solution Architect is a hands-on team member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems.
What is your role?
Design the overall technological architecture of the product / service/ application; constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution Coach and guide teams on coding practices, code reviews, continuous integration and automated deployment for product Identify and remove technical impediments Engage in hands-on coding to help the team to develop the solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand Work with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack Provide the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality Maintain and communicate external IT dependencies while ensuring that external stakeholders are delivering against commitments. Seen as an expert within the technical components of the technology stack (e.g., AWS cloud environment) and related services and applications.
What you should have?
- Experiences with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security
- Excellent programming skills in modern program languages across stack (e.g., Java, Node, Ruby, React, Angular, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of engineering best-practices, DevOps
- Knowledgeable in building scalable API microservices
- Confident in influencing and setting architectural and technical goals
- Identifies and resolves technical impediments at an organizational level before they impact development
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred
- Understands relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Design Lead and rest of technical team
- Experience managing technical priorities within the Backlog
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Credibility and leadership qualities to take fast and difficult product decisions
- Experience working on projects that span multiple business units or organizations
- High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
- Embraces a culture of trust, free thought, and complete transparency
- Willing to challenge status quo
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.