Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part of our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We partner closely with both Google, Adobe, Optimizely and VWO within the website testing and personalisation field.
You will play a key role in driving the strategy that underpins our clients’ optimisation programmes and will combine web analytics, data science, user research, UX, competitor analysis and consumer psychology to develop data-led approaches that help our clients make their websites more successful.
We use A/B and multi-variant testing to understand the impact of our recommendations, and you will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure the learnings identified more widely benefit the client.
As this is a senior role, you will drive thought-leadership within the team and help to develop internal processes and more junior colleagues. The latter of these may be in a direct line management capacity and/or through coaching members of the client teams you lead.
Life as a Conversion Rate Optimisation Analyst at Merkle
- Using the data to identify insights to inform hypotheses and test ideas and prioritizing these based on expected ROI and contribution to client’s aims and milestones.
- Managing testing programs, ensuring the strategic aims for the program are aligned with the prioritization above.
- Assisting junior members of the team in packaging and presenting insights to stakeholders across varying levels of the client business with varying levels of understanding.
- Building wireframes to support the development of test variants within the testing platforms.
- Configuring and monitoring A/B tests (potential to execute variant builds if you have a development background).
- Analysing and evaluating A/B tests, reporting on results and recommending next steps to our clients and their other partners (e.g. online marketing teams) in order to maximise the benefit of our learning.
- Owning and building client relationships through day-to-day account management and written and face to face contact.
- Working across multiple client projects simultaneously and autonomously managing workload within allocated timeframe.
- Improving internal techniques, processes, documentation and quality assurance.
- Staying current on industry insights and innovation
- Coaching/helping more junior members of the team, with potential for line management responsibility if desired.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including multiple Wellbeing Days per year, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- Previous experience with A/B testing programs (and any associated software Target, Optimize, Optimizely, VWO etc.)
- Previous experience with Web Analytics (Google / Adobe Analytics)
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple client stakeholders of varying seniority and technical knowledge are crucial
- An understanding of various methods for visualising analysis and presenting data in a way that can be easily consumed by less technical staff.
- Ability to turn insight into actionable recommendations for your client
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and organise resourcing
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous team member mentoring/management experience
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to delegate effectively
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.