Digital Media Operations Manager (Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants!
As a Media Operations Manager, you will ensure all procedures and standards are being correctly met across media channels and that campaigns are delivering against your client's KPIs. You will manage multiple projects simultaneously and help improve and implement new processes. You will report into a Director. This role is part of Merkle's New Stream Media capability focusing on eRetail, Retail Media Network, and Shopper Marketing.
- Develop, implement, and document processes to ensure the accuracy of campaign executions that deliver against client KPIs
- Help establish processes for the media team that can automate menial tasks and reduce risk of human error
- Regularly review and report on the accuracy of campaigns and delivery against KPIs. Identify areas of improvement and collaborate with the Media Activation Team Leads for ongoing process improvements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement quality assurance processes for new ad products
- Support and steward processes that maximize efficiencies for the media department
- Manage team that matches insertion orders to media buys and provides reports to client for payment
- Provide summaries of monthly billing and reconciliation
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors and media teams to ensure reconciliation timelines are met
- Main point of contact for media client on billing related issues
- Partner closely with media planning and media activation leads to ensure optimal cross functional communication
- Work with the team ensuring successful optimal campaign implementation and performance and proactively think about potential roadblocks to meeting campaign performance goals
- 3+ years of experience in a digital planning/buying role, including platform experience across ad serving (DCM, GAM, Criteo, CitrusAd), DSP (DV360, TTD), and paid social (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest) technologies
- Understanding of digital media, marketing tactics, operational process, and enabling technologies
- Experience with an order management system (Placements.io, Operative, Media Ocean or similar) a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing campaign tools & analytics platforms ex. Adobe Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook
- Retail/CPG experience preferred
- Media billing and reconciliation experience preferred
- Highly effective, detail-oriented communicator who has managed people or agencies
- Self-motivated, high capacity individual who can function and win in a demanding, performance-driven environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong familiarity with the digital environment
- Highly detail-oriented, self-starter, independent worker with critical thinking skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously where priorities can change quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, build relationships and lead cross-functional teams
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.