Analytics - Senior Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Create analytical solutions for key Merkle clients. This resource will use data and analytical methods, including multivariate statistics, to solve client business challenges.
- Participate in the development of quantitative solutions for clients
- Use R and/or Python to develop predictive models for targeting marketing campaigns
- Use SQL, R, Python or similar languages to analyze campaign performance, purchase behavior and customer engagement data
- Develop segmentation solutions using cluster analysis, factor analysis, principle components and similar methodologies in R,
- Python or other statistical programming languages
- Support development of client presentations
- Work effectively with other team members across Merkle
- 2+ years of work experience in CRM Analytics
- 2+ years of work experience in a quantitative business environment
- Hands on experience:
- creating insights from large customer and prospect databases
- optimizing marketing campaigns
- using statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems
- creating unorthodox solutions using data, analytics and technology
- Retail experience, a plus
- Experience with A/B testing, a plus
- Email campaign analysis experience, a plus
Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in statistics, economics or related field plus 2-3 years' experience in applied disciplines; Advanced degree preferred
Computing Experience: SQL, R and Excel required; Tableau preferred; Python or SAS may be substituted for R
Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral presentation skills
Organization Skills: Able to organize work stream independently and manage priorities across multiple projects
Additional Skills: Strong problem solving; takes initiative
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.