Accounting Assistant Manager
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Assistant Manager to oversee general accounting operations in an inhouse center handling several legal entities in the UK and Spain.
The role’s responsibilities include performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, controlling and verifying the financial transactions, working closely with the accounting team (in-house and offshore) as well as performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Life as a Senior Accountant at Merkle
The Accounting Assistant Manager will be a member of the Financial Operations team and will take care of several key accounting activities such as:
- Provide technical support and advice to the Accounting Senior Manager
- Assist in tax audits and tax returns, internal (JSOX) and external audit requests and preparations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles and audit expectations
- Work closely with the Controlling team to align processes and results.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable
- Reconcile account balances and bank statements and maintain the General ledger
- Provide support to the month-end and year-end close processes
- Spot, investigate and help resolve account discrepancies, audit findings and issues of non-compliance
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures
You will join a skilled and dynamic team dealing with new projects and evolving activities
What we are looking for in you
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- Proven +5 years of accounting experience
- Advanced level of English
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Familiar with preparing and reading the financial statements
- Experience with general ledgers and the month-end / year-end close process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot tables and VLOOKUP) and accounting software (Navision is a plus)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Capacity of working autonomously
Experience in multinational companies and in dealing with outsourced service centers will be a bonus
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.