Comms & Culture Lead, Merkle NE
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets.
Merkle NE is creating a new role focused on developing our company culture and driving wellbeing for all staff across the Northen Europe cluster (including the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Norway).
At Merkle, our people are our greatest asset.
The Comms & Culture Lead will be responsible for supporting the well-being of our people; developing, representing and integrating our values across the cluster and creating a fun and engaging workplace and culture. The C&C Lead reports to the COO and sits in our Northern Europe Operations team, charged with creating the best place to be for our people.
The C&C Lead will play an important role in making Merkle the place the best talent in the industry will want to work, owning and driving the initiatives that define who we are as a workplace, enabling and encouraging employees to live our values, and championing how we communicate internally to manifest our culture.
Role Focus Areas
- You will be leading the effort to develop a strong culture across markets and teams
- You will work directly with the executive leadership team to ensure a balanced management perspective between commercials and profits and staff wellbeing and engagement
- You will work to represent our core values in everything we do, making sure our DNA as a people’s business is always reflected in our decision making and ways of working
- You will develop and lead internal initiatives specifically aimed at supporting and strengthening our core values
- You will be a champion for diversity, equity and inclusion , making these perspectives an ingrained part of all our employee activities
- You will be responsible for driving all staff retention activities, working closely with the CMO and the marketing team
- You will plan and organise our full slate of staff engagement initiatives and entertainment activities & events across the calendar year, from Friday bars and big parties to employee awards, contests etc.
- You will be expected to continuously work to improve the ways in which we keep our people engaged and excited, from the smallest daily gestures to introducing new employee programs
Consistent and effective communications
- You will be driving our internal comms efforts, making sure our employee communications is in line with our company tone and voice
- You will be a key player in ensuring that all employee communications are handled in a consistent and effective manner from strategic change management to mundane office updates, across markets and offices
- You will lead planning and executing on our staff meeting cadences, making sure our staff meetings have the right frequencies, formats and content to meet employee needs and demands
We are looking for someone with strong industry and leadership experience, as this this is an important position of influence in the company and the C&C Lead is expected to have a profound impact on the way we work and conduct business.
What Success Looks Like
The role will be measured on the following:
- High employee engagement
- High employee satisfaction
- “One Merkle NE”: Consistent and cohesive culture across borders
- Market/industry recognition of our company culture
In the context of our overall agency objective framework, your priorities will be as follows:
- Quality & impact of the experiences we create 10%
- Happiness and engagement of our people 70%
- Revenue and client growth 0%
- Operational efficiencies 0%
- Most recognised brand within CX 20%
What we are looking for in you:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to create followership
- Strong commercial skills in understanding how C&C initiatives impact our business
- Drive, initiative and follow-through to get things done
- Creative thinking to develop new initiatvies
There is no application deadline. Finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We practice ongoing selection and therefore ask you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please note: This job can be held anywhere in Northern Europe.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.