Senior Java Engineer (Magnolia)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger between Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Our business includes to a large extent the integration and adaptation of standard software along the tasks in our customer projects. In order to meet different requirements, we rely on long-term partnerships with leading technology providers.
The focus of your activities will be the development of great user experiences and the implementation of multi-site projects based on Magnolia CMS. We work closely together with our customers and develop tailor-made solutions through supporting in the design phase and then implementing them.
In addition to the development of web applications, working with databases and some interaction with our customers are included in your areas of responsibility. Your range of tasks covers the entire software development process – from analysis through execution. Your customers are large B2B & B2C companies or organizations with strong web affinity.
- Implementation of the customer experience based on Magnolia CMS;
- use and implement features such as multi-site and multi-language delivery, personalization, content aggregation & synchronization and workflow management;
- support the establishment of the Magnolia development environment and be the contact person for other experienced developers in this area;
- develop templates, components, dialogs and other extensions for the Magnolia CMS;
- identify and solve technical problems related to the implementation of web content management solutions;
- support the sales department with cost estimates and the implementation of proof-of-concepts.
- Very good knowledge in Java as well as experience with standard software frameworks (Spring).
- Expertise in software architecture and technical design.
- University or college degree in computer science or business computer science is a plus.
- Experience with CMS Systems like Magnolia or AEM is a plus.
- Experience within development environments such as Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to learn.
- Fun working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Tolerant, open and ability to discuss controverse problems.
- Very good English skills.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.