Senior Director, Customer Strategy (Health Focus)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Senior Director operates in a leadership role, as a key member of our multi-service client team, helping to ensure the programs we propose, design, build and execute are based on deep understanding of our client’s business and strategic objectives.
As a customer marketing strategist, the Senior Director is a professional future planning and solution design expert. This role requires being analytical as well as creative in thought process and having the ability to place the customer at the very center of our clients’ issues and opportunities.
As a client relationship builder, the Senior Director provides key ideas that are informed, executable and produce desirable outcomes. Building strong relationships results in becoming a trusted advisor to the client and providing consultation across a wide variety of business scenarios.
As a growth leader, this role also identifies new opportunities to enhance Merkle’s value, by recognizing fast-evolving client needs and developing custom solutions. The Senior Director also focuses on training and mentoring team members, as well as participating in new business development initiatives.
The Senior Director is a customer strategist, primarily focused on Pharmaceutical, HCP, and NPP marketing communication. This role will operate within a large client environment, working across multiple brands, indications and business units, leading their approach to omni-channel marketing, HCP customer engagement, and driving Rx performance.
- Strategy Solution Development: Developing marketing and strategic planning solutions to deliver against business goals.
- Customer Engagement Planning: Designing a messaging architecture, positioning prisms, providing insights into media and channel usage and customer journey mapping.
- Customer Data and Analytics: Applying all types of data to inform marketing strategy, including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data to drive targeted and personalized programs.
- Portfolio Optimization: Using segmentation to understand customer value and needs, to prioritize audiences, and inform investment strategies and planning.
- Measurement, Testing and Optimization Analytics: Working in conjunction with the analytics team to develop a measurement framework to measure program and campaign effectiveness, as well as designing testing strategies to prioritize testing investments to support marketing optimization.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. Candidates must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
- 10-15 years’ experience in multi-channel data driven marketing – specifically CRM, Email, Online-Offline-Addressable Media.
- 5+ years experience in Pharma Healthcare Professional (HCP) marketing and Non-Personal Promotion (NPP).
- 5+ years experience as a strategy generalist – developing deep understanding of business goals, and industry context, applying data and insights, and presenting formal strategic plans (ideally outside of Pharma).
- 3-5+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
- Proven experience translating data analysis into strategic yet actionable and measurable recommendations
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills, to include solution development supporting the sale of new services to prospective clients.
- Ability to travel periodically; situation dependent – likely not to exceed 20-50%.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4-years).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $144-179k, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary bonus compensation. The company’s bonus compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/