Director, Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Director, Media Analytics, will lead a team of Analytics professionals to deliver best-in-class media analytics solutions to optimize our clients’ media investments.
The Director will also be part of a growing multifaceted practice that develops advanced analytic solutions for top companies across industries. Additionally, the Director is tasked with identifying and providing recommendations to continuously refine current business practices and tools to create better operations.
Key Responsibilities :
- Owns media analytics delivery for "book of business" consisting of large and small-scale clients
- Sets vision for accounts and develops analytics roadmaps and execution plans with short- and long-term deliverables
- Mobilizes cross-functional teams to deliver exemplary services across a range of media analytics solutions including measurement, testing, optimization, and attribution
- Anticipates resource needs; ensures team has the right skills, training and technology/tools required to support current client requirements and future growth
- Works closely with account leadership to nurture client relationship and plan account growth
- Drives innovation to ensure the Media Analytics offering leads the market and delivers compelling results for clients
- “Trusted advisor” to senior marketing clients to consult on data strategy, measurement best practices and customer experience optimization challenges; proactively shares POVs and thought leadership regarding industry trends and potential implications for clients
- Supports new business opportunities to ensure Media Analytics offering is positioned as key point of differentiation against other data and analytics market leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing within organizations such as ad or marketing technology platforms, consulting firms, analytics, or media agencies
- 4+ years of agency or consulting experience in measuring and optimizing media campaigns
- Demonstrated proficiency in media platforms and 3rd Party Tools (Google Adwords, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Bing Ads, ExactTarget, Hitwise, BrightEdge, Facebook, etc.) and digital channels (Search, Display, Social, Video and Email)
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing teams and clients across multiple offices and time zones
- Strong client engagement and communication skills
- Ability to deliver crisp messaging both internally and externally to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to sell ideas and vision with passion and conviction, derived from industry knowledge and “best practices”
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.