Business Development Representative
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
DO YOU WANT TO FORGE A CAREER IN A CUTTING-EDGE INDUSTRY AND BUSINESS? ARE YOU AN AMBITIOUS AND COLLABORATIVE PERSON WITH A THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE AND WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
If so, a position as a Business Development Representative at Merkle might just be the platform from which to launch your career!
Launching October 2021, we’re excited to kick-off our first cohort of Business Development Representatives. A role for people who consider themselves as highly motivated, naturally curious and a quick learner. Plus, as it’s our first cohort it’s an exciting opportunity to help us shape the role and its contribution to the business in the future.
Life as a Business Development Representatives at Merkle
The Business Development Representative role sits within the Merkle EMEA growth team, and at its core it’s all about helping Merkle sell more innovatively and effectively. The role plays a key part in supporting the senior growth team in closing sales, developing our sales pipeline, identifying future opportunities, and helping get Merkle’s name, content and thought leadership in front of the right people. It’s a diverse and busy role!
We have created a 6-month training programme which provides you with what you need for a prosperous career at Merkle. A day in the life of a Business Development Representative may look like…
· Supporting the Pursuit Management Team coordinating RFI, RFP and Pitch responses for top global companies, ensuring our Merkle best-practices have been utilised.
· Creating ‘Presales Packs’ that provide the Senior Sales team key information about the brands in our Sales pipeline.
· Briefing our Sales Research team on new research requirements and carrying out desk research.
· Curating and creating Merkle content, gaining relevant approvals and uploading it into our Content Hub. You will become one of our content experts and will help us amplify our content and propositions.
· Leveraging Merkle’s social media channels to promote the latest in Merkle’s thinking.
· Training, from on-the-job sales tactics, to deep learning across all aspects of Customer Experience Management your initial training programme plays a key role in your day-to-day activities.
The role of Business Development Representative requires you to be highly motivated, a quick learner and have a curious mind. On top of this we’re looking for:
· Great communication skills.
· A thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn and be coached.
· A positive, collaborative and ambitious mindset.
· Ability to work as part of a team and take on individual tasks.
We’re looking for someone to join us in October 2021. The role will be based in Merkle’s International House office near Tower Bridge (the office has views of Tower Bridge, the Tower of London and St Katharine Docks…and features in many movies).
The training programme will last approximately 6 months, with more on the job training that continues outside of the formal programme. From there we will support you in building your exciting, enjoyable and highly rewarding Merkle career. By becoming an expert in Customer Experience, future opportunities could open up across Consulting, Marketing, Sales or Project Management type roles.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- 25 days annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- 5% Employer contribution towards your pension
- Birthday day off
- Wellbeing Days throughout the year – these days are leave days where we encourage the whole team (where possible) to take the whole day off to recoup, rest and relax. There are three Wellbeing days scheduled for 2022
- HR Apprenticeship along with paid annual membership to the CIPD
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it's like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.