Test Automation Architect
Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 250 colleagues here in Denmark and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people. Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
For the past eight years Mylmage has named us best digital agency.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people in Copenhagen and Aarhus, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love
- This great workplace in central Aarhus.
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- Cool parties and events.
You will be a part of a solid test automation team experienced in Agile-, XP- and BDD-principles and e-commerce solutions. Our office is filled with ‘hygge’ and tons of good energy. Here you will work with our commerce-team in Aarhus, and cross-functionally with the frontend-team in Copenhagen across our different customers and projects.
Your main tasks, not limited to, will be:
- Maintaining and creating automated tests for our multiple test suites
- Perform exploratory testing in multiple web and mobile platforms
- Report bugs and defects and collaborate with other team members to increase the quality of the web and mobile solutions.
- Improve our way of working with testing and take part in further developing our framework
- Identifying and recommending the automated testing processes and tools
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across project teams
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach across project teams
- Evaluate and select best usage of test automation tools for different purposes
- Assist with presales for test automation on new projects
You never walk alone in Merkle. We work in teams with meaningful sparring across skills and disciplines – and you will always have a buddy by your side. In your practice team are some of the best in the country, and with your client teams you create ultimate customer experiences in close cooperation with commercial talents, creative enthusiasts and dedicated developers.
Who we think you are
You know what Scrum, BDD, TDD and test-automation is. You like working cross-functionally with colleagues and customers e.g., through pair programming. You are proactive, easily adaptable to changes, and take ownership of the assignments given to you. The educational background should be relevant to computer science, software engineering, IT Product development, IT related area or similar education.
There are a few things we believe are must-haves
- 3+ years working as Test Automation Architect (or similar), including proven experience of designing and implementing Automation Testing frameworks and methodology to support agile product development
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience with in-sprint testing
- Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing several test automation solutions leveraging one or more of the following: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI, Postman, Protractor, Jmeter, LoadRunner, VisualStudio Load Test, Grinder, Gatling
- Familiarity with version control tools such as GIT
- Understanding of primary models of test automation frameworks
- A through and through agile mindset (Agile Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies)
- Experience performing UAT and dealing with stakeholders
- Subject matter expert in the automated testing areas
- Experience leading technological execution of automation solution roadmap across project teams
- Experience with Design and Architectural reviews of proposed automation solutions across project teams
- Willingness to travel (we travel often between the office from Aarhus to CPH)
There are also some nice-to-haves. It would be cool if you can tick them off:
- Work experience with JIRA
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level certification
- Experience with deployment and automation tools just as Jenkins
- Cloud hosted testing solutions such as Sauce Labs, Amazon, or Browserstack
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding, please contact Cecilie Tøfting, Head of Talent Acquisition, on mail: [email protected] or phone: 28270244.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.